Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Tejada talks with Hogville.net today

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 17, 2006, 08:07:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Here is a bit of the conversation from Alex Tejada.  Enjoy.   :razorback:

TRG:  Were you expecting the offer from Arkansas?

Alex:  No, I didn't expect one, I was very surprised when I received it.

TRG:  When exactly did you get the offer from Arkansas?

Alex:  They called at 11:30 yesterday with the offer and I also received an offer from LSU in the mail yesterday.

TRG:  How long have you been a kicker?

Alex:  I have been kicking since the ninth grade.

TRG:  When did you realize that you were good enough to get a DI scholarship?

Alex:  I never really believed I would receive an offer.  I am still pretty surprised and excited by it all.

TRG:  Are you originally from Arkansas?

Alex:  No, I was born in California and moved to Springdale, Arkansas in 1999.

TRG:  Do you have a favorite between the Arkansas and LSU, if not what do you think about them?

Alex:  No, not really.  I am excited about the offer from Arkansas because I know that they haven't offered a kicker in a long time.  LSU has a great program so that's great also.

TRG:  Will Malzahn have an effect on where you decide to further your career?

Alex:  Maybe down the road but not right now.  Although, I love Coach Malzahn, he is a great guy.

TRG:  What were your stats from last year?

Alex:  With PATs I was 85 of 91.  I was 2 out of 5 on field goals with the longest being 55 yards.  My longest kicker ever was 65 yards during Christmas break.

TRG:  Have you been on campus much lately? 

Alex:  I was at the Vandy game with Mitch last year and I was there for Junior day.

TRG:  Thanks again Alex, I appreciate your time.

Alex:  Your welcome.

With a cannon for a leg and good head on his shoulder, there is no doubt why he should be given a full ride.  Best of luck this upcoming year to Alex.

Hugehogsfan

Another great interview TRG, I mean with this kinda of in depth stuff, why do I even need to check other sites huh? You do great asking questions and we appreciate you. 

We need Alex badly and hopefully we can show him that we love our Springdale boys. 

Zen_Hog

WestMemphisHogFan

Thanks TRG!  Great stuff.  Here's to hoping Alex becomes a Razorback!

3kgthog

Hmmm, LSU offers by mail and the Hogs offer by phone call. Pretty hard to tell who wants Tejada the most. It shouldn't matter that it was a long distance call. When it comes to recruits, teams should be willing to swallow a $1.00 charge to offer a scholly. Even on a kicker.

bigred7987

all schools send an offer in the mail...Malzahn just called him and told him the offer was on the way

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

SonOfMud

Anyone know about his 2 of 5 field goals last year?  What kind of kicks did he miss?  Why did he miss the PATs? 
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

hog caller

Adam Stokes

He doesn't have a chance to kick many FG's when you have Mitch Mustain at the helm.  I had never seen his stats before though.

T-Bag Hawg

I'm glad he realizes we haven't offered a kicker in a long time.  i think this is the reason we get him in the end.
It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

bigred7987

Was Nutt's refusal to offer Tejada at first the breaking point for Malzahn which led to their showdown?  Its obvious Malzahn got what he wanted but I wonder if it had to do with not offering obvious players. 

Hugehogsfan

I believe that the control factor has got to do something with all these rumors.  I mean the supposed fight breaks out and then both Springdale players get offers and JFB steps in.  I mean I hope that all of this crap is over with by September.

werehog

Back in the days when it was possible to offer 130 free rides giving scholarships to kickers was fairly common practice, But those days are long behind us.

Hogs4Ever

I believe Gus will bring this young man to the Hill.  He's a difference maker.