Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Recruit- DT Demetrious Davis

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 17, 2006, 04:07:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

May 17, 2006, 04:07:47 pm Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 09:06:14 pm by The Recruiting Guy
I was able to talk to DT Demetrious Davis a 6-4 286 pound DT from Benton HS, St. Joseph, Missouri. Demetious has been offered by K State, KU, Missouri, Arkansas, Colorado.  Here's what he had to say. 

TRG: When did Arkansas offer?

Demetrious: Monday night.

TRG: I understand Coach Malzahn is recruiting you?

Demetrious: Yes he is. He's very impressive.

TRG: What's some of your strength's as DT? What do you need to work on?

Demetrious: My strengths are getting off the ball and using my long arms. I need to work on my squat. 

TRG:  Coach Wilson said that you can bench 225 pounds 26 times and you have a vertical of 28 inches. That's incredible for a Jr. in HS. What do you bench and squat?

Demetrios: I bench 410 and squat 420.

TRG: Do you have a favorite right now?

Demetrious: K-State. Their the first school I've visited.

TRG: When do you plan to make a decision?

Demetrious: Not sure yet.

TRG: Do you plan to visit Arkansas? If so, when?

Demetrious: Yes. I plan to make the USC game.

TRG: Have you heard about the facilities at the University of Arkansas?

Demetrious: Yes. Coach Malzahn and Herring both said their unbelievable. I saw them on the website and they look their the best of all the schools.

TRG: What kind of community environment are looking for? What have you heard about Fayetteville?

Demetrious: Don't really know. A place with good people and good fans. I really haven't heard anything about Fayetteville.

TRG: Is there a pro player you like as a role model?

Demetrious: Reggie White. Because he had good character on and off the field. I liked how he played like a monster on the field.

TRG: Ok. Outside of football what do like to do?

Demetrious: Workout and just hang out with my friends.

Before I talked to Demetrious I had the pleasure to speak with his Head Coach Derek Wilson and he just raved about Demetrious as a young man and player. After talking to Demetrious I can say he's a grade A kid. You can tell he and Demetrious have a very close relationship. He also mentioned that he played with current NFL player Mike Rucker and said Demetrious a better than Rucker.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/4687/

Coach Wilson said that Gus Malzahn made a big impression on everyone that he came in contact with at the school. He was very impressed.

Click Here for Davis VIDEO

Hollywood_HOGan

Very impressive.

I like this free recruiting info thing.

GO HOGS GO!

The Recruiting Guy

Coach Wilson is sending some video of Demetrious. As soon as we get the video we'll post it.

SonOfMud

Thats interview was very nicely put together.  Thanks.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

blueshog2001

Between you and stewie, I am already pumped about next years recruiting class!!!  Keep up the good work

Swino

It is nice to not pay a dime for such great information. 

Hit That Line

Hawgballz

TRG, the info is awesome.

Another +1 for you.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

The Recruiting Guy

Something I left out from my notes is that Demetrious will make a trip to Iowa June 3rd. I'll check back with Demetrious and see what he thought of Iowa.

Demetrious is exactly the type DT that everyone wants in their program.

hog caller

man this stuff is great thanks for the info

Tomhog™

Who needs a pay site when you've got Hogville?  This, without a doubt, is the premier site that will be 90% of Hog fans first place to go to for news.  Otis and the others have to really hate this site now that we get even better recruiting news here!

DirectorM

This stuff is great.  Thanks a lot.

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

pigsooie1000

excellent work, Recruiting Guy.  I hope you can keep it up for all the fans like me who love the Hogs but don't want to shell out loads of cash for from what it sounds like worse info than you.  Excellent work.

Arkiejared

Quote from: The Recruiting Guy on May 17, 2006, 04:07:47 pm
Coach Wilson said that Gus Malzahn made a big impression on everyone that he came in contact with at the school. He was very impressed.

I guess it makes it better when you've been on the other side of the situation.  You know how you want to be treated.  So, you know how to treat people.

He said he was good at getting off the ball.  TRG, do you know what his 40 time is?  I don't guess it really matters alot since he's an inside guy.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Arkiejared on May 20, 2006, 11:17:56 pm
Quote from: The Recruiting Guy on May 17, 2006, 04:07:47 pm

I guess it makes it better when you've been on the other side of the situation.  You know how you want to be treated.  So, you know how to treat people.

He said he was good at getting off the ball.  TRG, do you know what his 40 time is?  I don't guess it really matters alot since he's an inside guy.

Coach Wilson said he was a consistent 4.9 to 5.0 guy.

Hogs4Ever