Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update on Carlton Salters

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 16, 2006, 04:17:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Here's a little of my conversation with Carlton.

TRG: Carlton when do plan to report to Fayetteville?

Carlton: I'll plan on getting to Fayetteville June 29th and go to the second semester of summer school.

TRG: So what you been doing to prepare for this summer and this season?

Carlton: I've been working with http://www.titussports.com/ to improve my speed, vertical jump and overall strength.

TRG: So have you improved in those areas?

Carlton: Yes, I've improved my forty time from a 4.45 to a 4.42 and my vertical from 31 to 35-36 inches along with my overall strength.

TRG: Have you talked to any of your future teammates?

Carlton : Yes. I keep in touch with Diamon Williams, Mitch and Andrew Norman.

TRG: What do you guys talk about?

Carlton: We talk about how we want to changes things far as winning. The fans are so rabid and we need get it right.

TRG: Did you go to the spring game and if so, what did you think of the wideouts? Also what coach or coaches are you talking to? 

Carlton: Yes I did. They need help. I plan to come in and help in anyway I can.

I talk to Coach Malzahn and Coach Vaughn on a regular basis. They tell me getting off the jam is the key. In college strength is the key to getting off the line.

TRG: Thanks so much Carlton.

Carlton: Yes sir.

I believe Carlton will not only be successful on the field but off the field. Razorback fans will love his personality. Arkansas signed someone the whole state will enjoy getting to know.

WindyCityHog

Well done....

Looking forward to seeing the kid on the field.

Porkahontas

Wow.

That costed me...nothing.

I like where this is going.

Thanks TRG.

SonOfMud

"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

tophawg19

trg i'd be curious how many of these kids read these boards especially this one and if it affects them as some claim . between you and stewie recruiting news looks good . thanks
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hit That Line

It's great to see these guys working hard to come in and be successful right away. We've needed recievers with great work ethic. I don't think these guys will be out of shape by the time Fall two-a-days starts.

bigred7987

I like that Malzahn is telling him that getting off the jam is key because alot of these guys dont have to deal with that in high school so its good to see him helping them prepare before they are ever on campus.  Also...if you talk to him again could you ask him how he became so die-hard for the hogs when it seemed he had no connections to the state before?  He seems like our most excited recruit. 

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 16, 2006, 05:44:05 pm
trg i'd be curious how many of these kids read these boards especially this one and if it affects them as some claim . between you and stewie recruiting news looks good . thanks

I know after talking to these guys that they do read this board.  I talked with one kid recently and when I told him who I was with he said "Oh yeah, I read that board."

thahawg

EastMemphisHog

he's also one heck of a leader it seems. Wasn't he the guy that was on the phone with Mitch and Damian every night, trying to talk them into coming here?

Hollywood_HOGan

wow are we ever going to have some great freshmen wideouts next year??!!??!!

Can we start the season now?

mtownhog

DirectorM

Great stuff man.  Can't wait to get these guys on campus.

Hogs4Ever

WPS!  Let's get this young man some touches!   :razorback:

HoopS

Quote from: cshivley1 on May 16, 2006, 10:11:58 pm
he's also one heck of a leader it seems. Wasn't he the guy that was on the phone with Mitch and Damian every night, trying to talk them into coming here?

Yes!

HotRodHog

Quote from: cshivley1 on May 16, 2006, 10:11:58 pm

Yes and Yes.
I have talked to him on several occasions and he is a great young-man. We talked a little fishing the other day, and he said he only fishes for crappie, and large and small mouth bass. I am trying to convince him that once he goes fishing for trout, he will be hooked!
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something" Dick Butkus

UofA Alumnus