Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sports Illustrated - "Early Departures" says Ronnie Brewer should....

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 05, 2006, 10:44:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ArkansasI

Ronnie is a stud.  The artilcle indicates that if Ronnie can develop a consistent outside shot, then he is projected as a perennial all-star. . .

This makes his decision a no-brainer.

Good luck to him.

Factual Fiction

aspivey

He's history! Who's are stud now? What about this kid we are getting from Fort Smith?
The Great Dale Divider

RealSmartGuy

Hog1751

If Brewer goes, we need Thomas to step up, which I think is possible, oh well hopefully everyone steps up and we have a good year, if not then at least we get rid of Stan.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Hog1751 on April 05, 2006, 02:48:05 pm
at least we get rid of Stan.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ah ah ah ah ah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha whheeeeeeh I cant breath

That WOULD be true except for the fact that in order to know that we will get rid of a coach b/c he isn't winning you have to HONESTLY BELIEVE that the admin ACTUALLY has a COMMITTMENT to winning.  which they OBVIOUSLY DO NOT
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

mbgrulz

If Brewer goes, we need Thomas to step up, which I think is possible, oh well hopefully everyone steps up and we have a good year, if not then at least we get rid of Stan.
thomas is a good complimentary player, but he will never be a stud. he is not talented enough. yeah, i appreciate the screams he gives after his dunk this year, but he just isnt where we need to look for our stud.

chiefsfan

IMHO it wouldn't be the greatest move for Ronnie to go to the NBA right now.   He looked awful against Bucknell, and no one wants to end their college career like that unless they have too...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hog1751

Quote from: mbgrulz on April 05, 2006, 04:27:48 pm
thomas is a good complimentary player, but he will never be a stud. he is not talented enough. yeah, i appreciate the screams he gives after his dunk this year, but he just isnt where we need to look for our stud.

I understand that but what I mean is he needs to step up and score 11-15 a game, surely Stanley Ranley has at least 1 player coming up somewhere that can step up and replace Brewer. If he doesnt than how the hell can we say he can recruit. Im sick of the b.s. I want guys who have a passion to win. Not guys who coach with thier arseholes clinched and coach not to lose. The UA needs to get some people with half a friggin clue. For shiats sake KANSAS STATE hired Huggins, there is no reason we cant get a coach.

Cure

We all saw what happened with Florida's Joakim Noah this year....better yet their whole team..All it takes is hard work and dedication ;) :razorback:
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

krack1925

we won't fire stan until we fire Nutt....  For all of Stan's faults, we were better than last year and better than the year before that.  If Nutt falls on his face this year I have to think he is gone.....  Then Stan MIGHT need to worry.   I can't square in my head how you could fire Stan and Nutt still be here.

Hog1751

Quote from: krack1925 on April 05, 2006, 05:09:24 pm
we won't fire stan until we fire Nutt....  For all of Stan's faults, we were better than last year and better than the year before that.  If Nutt falls on his face this year I have to think he is gone.....  Then Stan MIGHT need to worry.   I can't square in my head how you could fire Stan and Nutt still be here.

I cant square in my head why Nutt is still here.

krack1925

me either but he is.... I don't like it but his back is against the wall now.  He is in a lose lose situation.  If we do great, Gus did it.  If we don't, it is his fault.  I can't help but feel like they are tryin to let Frank limp out a couple more years till his 50 and then turn it over to a guy who "loves the helmet"   I think i just threw up a little in my mouth.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Hog1751 on April 05, 2006, 04:46:24 pm

I understand that but what I mean is he needs to step up and score 11-15 a game, surely Stanley Ranley has at least 1 player coming up somewhere that can step up and replace Brewer. If he doesnt than how the hell can we say he can recruit. Im sick of the b.s. I want guys who have a passion to win. Not guys who coach with thier arseholes clinched and coach not to lose. The UA needs to get some people with half a friggin clue. For shiats sake KANSAS STATE hired Huggins, there is no reason we cant get a coach.
i dont disagree with any of that. it sucks that schools like mizzou and k-state are hiring earth shakers and we are not, but i do think that over the long term, stan will be a better coach than huggins or anderson. we need to get firey guys in here who love to compete. maybe with a fresh crop coming in, stan can mold them from day 1. not sayin it will happen, but a guy can hope. if we get beverley, next year will continue heath's track record of improving upon the previous year. if not, i think we are going to have to hope and pray that stephan welsh is better than we think he is. we also have to hope that tennessee doesnt woo ramar smith this weekend either. i never trust those crooks.

Pignominious

Actually he is very talented.  How many 6'8 players do you no of that are as agile as him?  I'd say he is our best big man prospect this year.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

dman

::)Townes is the one that needs to step up.  My scenario is that Hill improves more, McCurdy will have another year of maturity, Thomas can be a game changer, Weems will fill the gap Brewer leaves, along with  the two shooting guards, the Hogs are in the Sweet 16 and maybe more.  Now if the super recruiter does his jobwe will be in good shape.  Go Hogs Go :razorback: :razorback:

mbgrulz

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on April 05, 2006, 10:39:40 pm

Actually he is very talented.  How many 6'8 players do you no of that are as agile as him?  I'd say he is our best big man prospect this year.
1. rudy gay
2. adam morrison
3. tyrus thomas
4. josh mcroberts
5. joakim noah
6. on and on and on
i like thomas, and i understand that a lot of people have an emotional attachment to him, i just think that realistically he is and will always be a complimentary player. we need thomas to grab all the trash he can, but running offenses through him is just not going to be successful. townes and washington (who is a 5* prospect) are where our post points will come from. thomas will chip in and have several good games. mcgowan, hill, and thomas will provide defensive stability.

*note - i say townes is going to be one of our best post players with the assumption that he gets the proverbial "thumb" out of his ass.