Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 excuses for Houston Nutt? (kind of long)

Started by Ugly Uncle, March 29, 2006, 07:09:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

There have been five basic points made by those that support our Head Football coach.  I would like to address those if I may.

1. "You guys just hate Nutt and are overly negative and critical towards him."

Not True.  I was a huge supporter of Nutt when he was hired, and stayed so for 5.5 years. (I think this is true for most on this board)  I have in previous post listed an exhaustive account of all the things that turned me against him...I will not do that here for time, space, and not wanting to be repetitive.  If you would like an itemized list, just check many of my post, and the post of some of the others on this board.  They are all there.  Here they are in general...

a. He has not shown any ability whatsoever to come up with a creative offensive scheme.  (Predictable)
b. He has not shown the ability to have a solid game plan.
c. Situational decision-making is beyond him. (4th down plays, taking to long to call the next play...resulting in Time outs, or a delay of game)
d. I believe he has demonstrated an out of control ego and sense of self-importance.  This has caused him to not hire an OC until this year, or to give up play calling.
e. Tends to blame the players for failures, while taking undue credit for successes.
f. Comments made to the media that have been both confusing and embarrassing.
g. Limits access of media to anyone in his organization that may have a different view than his.

All of these things have snowballed on him to cause a very large segment of Razorback Fans to call for a change on the Hill.  I didn't start out "just hating Nutt," he has given others and myself plenty of reason.

2. "You all just want everyone fired.  If you are going to be so hard on him you have to be the same with the other coaches.  You must also want Heath and Dave Van Horn fired also.  After all, look at their records."

Let me first start with the Dave Van Horn argument:  Couch Van Horn has, in my opinion, demonstrated sound logical coaching decisions.  I have seen many of the Razorback baseball games, and I never once have left the game thinking, "what was ole Dave doing?  How could he have made that decisions?"  Baseball is my favorite sport, and if you were to ask anyone that knows me, they would say that I am much more than just a casual fan.  I enjoy studying the game and the different styles and coaching techniques of coaches/managers.  I have always felt like Coach Van Horn was making the most of the talent he had to work with.

Even though Nutt has the reputation of "doing more with less" I do not see that in his coaching abilities.  I have often left Razorback games shaking my head at decisions and play calls made by Nutt.  I have discussed many of those situations with several coaches, and they have without exception agreed that there are just some things Nutt has done that cannot be excused.  I challenge you to find that same sentiment in Dave Van Horn's coaching decisions.

Stan Heath:  While I was angry upon returning from Dallas and our NCAAT loss, and I cannot explain many of the things that Heath has done and said, I have not seen the attitude or ego from him as I have seen with Nutt.  He does not seem to have an over exaggerated sense of self-importance that Nutt has so commonly displayed.  Heath is a young coach, he is learning, but so far, he has kept his ego from being in the way of winning games.  I for one am willing to give him another year.

3. "Nutt has taken us to 6 bowls, we have had a "cloud" over our program, we are in the SEC, and we are Arkansas and will never be able to recruit like the other schools.

a. 6 bowls:  We've only won 2 of them, but still 6 bowls are pretty good.  But when you consider that our program has declined over the last 6 years, it is a little hard to get excited over the Independence Bowl.  Nutt's first two years were his best, and since then have declined.  We did have one incredible player in Matt Jones, but without him, how far down would this program have been?
b. We have had a cloud over head, but schools with much less sanctions and much larger clouds continued to recruit at a level much higher than Nutt did during that time.  I say that the cloud did not hurt our recruiting at all.  Go back and research where our recruiting classes were ranked before, during, and after the "cloud" and you will see no change.  All of our classes since the time of Nutt have been fairly consistent.  Which is to say, mediocre at best.
c. Yes, we are in the SEC, and yes, it is a very good conference.  But not all schools in our conference are of the quality of Arkansas.  We are the only team in the Western Division of the SEC to have never won 10 games in a season in the last 8 years.  Yes, that includes Ole Miss.  You basically have to say: (1) We are the Vanderbilt of the West, or (2) We just don't belong at all in the SEC.  I believe we do belong...we just don't have a coach that belongs.  This goes directly to the fact that game decisions made by Nutt have cost us a minimum of two games a year.
d. I am not saying that Fayetteville is the easiest place to recruit to.  But there are many other towns that are more difficult to recruit to, and they still do.  Morgan Town W.V. comes to mind, as does Lincoln, and many others.  No, we do not have the D1 athletes in Arkansas like Florida, Texas, Louisiana, and California have.  Yet we do have some of the best facilities money can buy.  The problem with getting big time talent here is that we have an unimaginative style of play, and big time talents want to go where they can show that off.  Alex Wood when he was hired as the QB coach said, "Recruiting to this school should be very easy, anyone could do it."  Well, Alex, not anyone apparently.

4. "I am a true Razorback Fan.  I support all of our players, and ALL of our coaches."

To me this is the very reason that we have had a pitiful football team in recent years.  Blind support of incompetent leadership.

I am an American.  I am one of the most patriotic people that you will ever meet.  However, just because I love this country does not mean that I support the actions of our President.  I will not discuss the last two presidents since their names are both hot buttons, and I don't want this to turn into a political debate.  I do not have to support or agree with the President simply because I am an American.  I can make my voice be heard, I can vote for someone else, I can protest openly in the street.  You may be saying that "well, we don't have a vote when it comes to our football coach."  Don't we?  Every time that we don't call for action, that we passively accept failure, that we allow our beloved Hogs to be under coached, we are voting FOR someone that doesn't deserve it.  Many have even taken the steps to not renew their season tickets.  I AM AS BIG OF A RAZORBACK FAN AS ANYONE, BUT I WILL NOT SIT QUIETLY BY WHILE OUR TEAM CIRCLES THE DRAIN BECAUSE OF THIS COACH.  Supporting a coach that has proved to us that he is in over his head is sheer lunacy and misplaced loyalty.

5.  "I suppose you know more or could do better than Nutt."

You see, we fans are not just uniformed followers of a program.  We are intelligent beings with the ability to analyze a situation.  I am not proposing that I could do better, or even know more than Nutt.  But to say that many others and I are just ignorant country folk, that "don't know nothing" about football is grossly inaccurate.  For whatever reason (and there have been many) Nutt has performed far below what it takes to make it in the SEC.  I believe that is quite clear.  I believe that others also see it clearly.  It doesn't take a football genius to know when someone is not a football genius.

Final thought:  People have said, "okay, you blame Nutt for the bad years, then you must give him credit if and when things turn around."  I do not agree with this.  We have seen what he can do when he was left on his own.  Now, we will see what will happen with the program since he has been forced to hire quality coaches.  He does not get credit for a good hire, when he was forced to make that hire.  He does not get credit for an explosive offense, should we get one under Gus, since it was not his idea and against his wishes.  There are just no more excuses for the incompetence and the embarrassment that Nutt has brought to the University of Arkansas.  He, in my opinion, has disqualified himself as a worthy person to be our coach.  Sure we have him for at least another year.  But you should be embarrassed to excuse him, because there just are no excuses for him.

WPS and Go Hogs.
Retired Radio Host

hoggystyle78

That was beautiful Uncle, I couldn't agree more.

NuttsSacked

Outstanding, Uncle.  I think this deserves a "sticky" with the heading "Attention all NuttHuggers".   

CiriusPorker

good job ugly...you really put things into perspective.

Richard_white

WOW!!

Great post Ugly

You are a true Razorback fan

+1

PIGINAPOKE

I read EVERYTHING  the uncle posts..If he does not have a job writing for USA today for 6 figures.. he missed the boat!

The ugly one always writes FACTS !! He tells the damn truth that some huggers are blind to?

If uncle paints your truck red.. Then dammit it is red! Not hugger blue/ teal/ or  green flake ?

The truth needs to be said about HDN, Just like it needs to be said in all of our everyday lives.

B.S gets you know where, but Some slip on by, HDN snaked his way into this job,And it is time to fork the serpent out !! Thanks Uncle for a Great post.

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Richard_white

I wonder if the huggers and sunshine pumpers will follow HDN and the Murray St Mafia to another team.

Is it the coach they support or the University?

WPS

Richard_white

Ugly for that post I am going to give you a +1 everyday

dbseattle

This post approved by Mike Markuson.

hogman64

Good Post..........Here is my position with Nutt...........I think it is impossible for him to win me over at this point...........I supported him for 7 years and 2 games , Vandy was the last straw for me and I havent seen anything  from him to change my mind and dont think I ever will.........because........if we dont do welll next year  [at least 8,9 wins depending on the wins and when they occur] I will blame Nutt and say he just has things too screwed up for even Malzahn , Wood and Herring to be successful...........if we do do well.... all the credit will be to Herring, Malzahn etc..as far as I am concerned  and I will think the success came with Nutt staying out of the way.. therefore pretty sure he cant win with me,, but I truly think he deserves that after his stubborness , egotistical nature and overall poor performance the last several years........

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

OklaU

I just can't stand that cheerleader. Even when he's getting beat by 50 points he pumps it full of sunshine.  "Oh my, though he was stopped for a 20 yard loss you got to love that effort and spirit". 

That is what I just get SO sick of.  I like the Bobby Knight, Steve Spurrier, Bob Stoops, Reggie Herring type.  If you stink you stink.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

mj4president

You guys must be a fan of the Texas Longhorns the way yall talk. I guess every school has to deal with people like this. I cant wait when the football program is turned around this year or the next and yall are making more excuses (but then when it does better it wont be nutt to yall it will be gus when it was really the whole staff that got the job done.) You guys are the type of fans when things go South you turn on the team. Did I say fans?? Those kind of people arent fans. I cant stand fair weathered people.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Richard_white

March 29, 2006, 11:49:38 pm #13 Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 11:51:46 pm by razorbacks4life27
Quote from: mj4president on March 29, 2006, 11:46:50 pm
You guys must be a fan of the Texas Longhorns the way yall talk. I guess every school has to deal with people like this. I cant wait when the football program is turned around this year or the next and yall are making more excuses (but then when it does better it wont be nutt to yall it will be gus when it was really the whole staff that got the job done.) You guys are the type of fans when things go South you turn on the team. Did I say fans?? Those kind of people arent fans. I cant stand fair weathered people.

Nah, we are not fair weathered people as you claim us to be.

We open our eyes to the truth.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

March 29, 2006, 11:50:10 pm #14 Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 02:22:53 pm by notshavintilnuttgo
(but then when it does better it wont be nutt to yall it will be gus when it was really the whole staff that got the job done.)

Well, for ONCE mj, you said something that actually made sense.  Your familial, personal or job related ties to The Nutt will get you NOWHERE here.  So give it up. 

Kudos Ugly.  About time someone said this.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Ugly Uncle

Dude, you must not read or pay attention.  I have read many of your post and you have yet to present any fact, or any argument that has made any sense...

I am as big...and I would dare say bigger fan than you.  You see, I think about things and have open eyes to what is going on.  I love the Hogs and am almost distraught over what I see happening to them.  To call me fairweather is an insult and ignorance on your part.  I went to every home football game including the spring and fall scrimmages.  I went to every basketball game including the preseason stuff.  Every game I called the hogs.  Every game I left hoarse from screaming for the team.  All I have ever known is a LOVE for the Hogs.  That is why I get upset when I see an incompetent coach, one that is arrogant and in over his head leading this team to defeat after defeat in games we should have won.

You either lack intelligence or insight, the ability to think for yourself, or common sense if you think you are a fan like I am a fan.  YOU WOULD RATHER SETTLE FOR A COACH THAT CAUSES US TO LOSE rather than to see your team win.  You are not fairweather...you are just ignorant and blind...and don't know what it is like to live and die with every loss.  If you did, you would want someone in here that gave us a better chance at living and winning.  Get over yourself.  Read the post above or otherwise educate yourself before you continue with you ignorant spewing.

I guess this will be moved to the vent now that I just went off.  So be it.
Retired Radio Host

HOGLIGULA

March 30, 2006, 12:18:06 am #16 Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 12:19:39 am by coolhandluke31
hey ugly I have to give you +1 for that post and any idiot can choose a different run play than off tackle right, then of tackle right, and off tackle right, finally punt for a possible return.  Great offense NUTT I hope to hell That GUS can at least manage to get a couple of midrange passes in during our predictable running attack no offense to McFadden or Jones
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

Hog1751

March 30, 2006, 12:19:11 am #17 Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 12:27:42 am by Hog1751

This argument is getting really f'in old, do you understand me bro. I am so friggin tired of people like you calling people like me or Uncle or anyone else on this board who has negative opinion a fair weathered fan. That is the most acinine statement. Thats like saying George Bush just accidentally nuked Dallas but hey we cant be negative hes our president. Monumental f-ups deserve negative reponses. And just in case you forgot here are a couple of those monumental f-ups. Vanderbilt Motherfriggin Vanderbilt. We lost to friggin Vanderbilt at home. That in and of itself should have been enough to get Nutt's arse out the door. If you disagree then you sir are an idiot. USC, what a friggin embarrasment. How many friggin times did I have to watch Reggie Bush, run roughshot through our defense last year. Its on every time sportscenter came on. Nutt will never take us to the next level.

If Im wrong (which Im not) I'll give ole Nuttsack his props. This fair weathered fans argument is doesnt even derserve to be called idiotic, because it doesn't even qualify for idiotic status. I sir am a fan period. I proudly sport my hog gear whether were 8-0 or 0-8. I am a Hog fan through and through. I however will never again root for that nuttless piece of crap YOU call a football coach. You need to examine some facts before calling anyone anything because you sir obviously ride the shortbus to work.

Richard_white

Quote from: Hog1751 on March 30, 2006, 12:19:11 am

This argument is getting really f'in old, do you understand me bro. I am so friggin tired of people like you calling people like me or Uncle or anyone else on this board who has negative opinion a fair weathered fan. That is the most acinine statement. Thats like saying George Bush just accidentally nuked Dallas but hey we cant be negative hes our president. Monumental f-ups deserve negative reponses. And just in case you forgot here are a couple of those monumental f-ups. Vanderbilt Motherfriggin Vanderbilt. We lost to friggin Vanderbilt at home. That in and of itself should have been enough to get Nutt's arse out the door. If you disagree then you sir are an idiot. USC, what a friggin embarrasment. How many friggin times did I have to watch Reggie Bush, run roughshot through our defense last year. Its on every time sportscenter came on. Nutt will never take us to the next level.

If Im wrong (which Im not) I'll give ole Nuttsack his props. This fair weathered fans argument is doesnt even derserve to be called idiotic, because it doesn't even qualify for idiotic status. I sir am a fan period. I proudly sport my hog gear whether were 8-0 or 0-8. I am a Hog fan through and through. I however will never again root for that nuttless piece of crap YOU call a football coach. You need to examine some facts before calling anyone anything because you sir obviously ride the shortbus to work.

must be Karma night for me +1

Richard_white

What I meant to say is I am giving up karma like Nutt gave away games

Hog1751

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on March 30, 2006, 12:31:45 am
What I meant to say is I am giving up karma like Nutt gave away games

Karma for that...

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Hog1751 on March 30, 2006, 12:19:11 am

Wow.  Nice...and I thought I WAS mad.  karma brotha.
Retired Radio Host

Hog1751

Karma for you to Unc..I liked the original post as well.

Hawg414

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 29, 2006, 07:09:31 pm
There have been five basic points made by those that support our Head Football coach.  I would like to address those if I may.

1. “You guys just hate Nutt and are overly negative and critical towards him.”

Not True.  I was a huge supporter of Nutt when he was hired, and stayed so for 5.5 years. (I think this is true for most on this board)  I have in previous post listed an exhaustive account of all the things that turned me against him…I will not do that here for time, space, and not wanting to be repetitive.  If you would like an itemized list, just check many of my post, and the post of some of the others on this board.  They are all there.  Here they are in general…

a. He has not shown any ability whatsoever to come up with a creative offensive scheme.  (Predictable)
b. He has not shown the ability to have a solid game plan.
c. Situational decision-making is beyond him. (4th down plays, taking to long to call the next play…resulting in Time outs, or a delay of game)
d. I believe he has demonstrated an out of control ego and sense of self-importance.  This has caused him to not hire an OC until this year, or to give up play calling.
e. Tends to blame the players for failures, while taking undue credit for successes.
f. Comments made to the media that have been both confusing and embarrassing.
g. Limits access of media to anyone in his organization that may have a different view than his.

All of these things have snowballed on him to cause a very large segment of Razorback Fans to call for a change on the Hill.  I didn’t start out “just hating Nutt,” he has given others and myself plenty of reason.

2. “You all just want everyone fired.  If you are going to be so hard on him you have to be the same with the other coaches.  You must also want Heath and Dave Van Horn fired also.  After all, look at their records.”

Let me first start with the Dave Van Horn argument:  Couch Van Horn has, in my opinion, demonstrated sound logical coaching decisions.  I have seen many of the Razorback baseball games, and I never once have left the game thinking, “what was ole Dave doing?  How could he have made that decisions?"  Baseball is my favorite sport, and if you were to ask anyone that knows me, they would say that I am much more than just a casual fan.  I enjoy studying the game and the different styles and coaching techniques of coaches/managers.  I have always felt like Coach Van Horn was making the most of the talent he had to work with.

Even though Nutt has the reputation of “doing more with less” I do not see that in his coaching abilities.  I have often left Razorback games shaking my head at decisions and play calls made by Nutt.  I have discussed many of those situations with several coaches, and they have without exception agreed that there are just some things Nutt has done that cannot be excused.  I challenge you to find that same sentiment in Dave Van Horn’s coaching decisions.

Stan Heath:  While I was angry upon returning from Dallas and our NCAAT loss, and I cannot explain many of the things that Heath has done and said, I have not seen the attitude or ego from him as I have seen with Nutt.  He does not seem to have an over exaggerated sense of self-importance that Nutt has so commonly displayed.  Heath is a young coach, he is learning, but so far, he has kept his ego from being in the way of winning games.  I for one am willing to give him another year.

3. “Nutt has taken us to 6 bowls, we have had a “cloud” over our program, we are in the SEC, and we are Arkansas and will never be able to recruit like the other schools.

a. 6 bowls:  We’ve only won 2 of them, but still 6 bowls are pretty good.  But when you consider that our program has declined over the last 6 years, it is a little hard to get excited over the Independence Bowl.  Nutt’s first two years were his best, and since then have declined.  We did have one incredible player in Matt Jones, but without him, how far down would this program have been?
b. We have had a cloud over head, but schools with much less sanctions and much larger clouds continued to recruit at a level much higher than Nutt did during that time.  I say that the cloud did not hurt our recruiting at all.  Go back and research where our recruiting classes were ranked before, during, and after the “cloud” and you will see no change.  All of our classes since the time of Nutt have been fairly consistent.  Which is to say, mediocre at best.
c. Yes, we are in the SEC, and yes, it is a very good conference.  But not all schools in our conference are of the quality of Arkansas.  We are the only team in the Western Division of the SEC to have never won 10 games in a season in the last 8 years.  Yes, that includes Ole Miss.  You basically have to say: (1) We are the Vanderbilt of the West, or (2) We just don’t belong at all in the SEC.  I believe we do belong…we just don’t have a coach that belongs.  This goes directly to the fact that game decisions made by Nutt have cost us a minimum of two games a year.
d. I am not saying that Fayetteville is the easiest place to recruit to.  But there are many other towns that are more difficult to recruit to, and they still do.  Morgan Town W.V. comes to mind, as does Lincoln, and many others.  No, we do not have the D1 athletes in Arkansas like Florida, Texas, Louisiana, and California have.  Yet we do have some of the best facilities money can buy.  The problem with getting big time talent here is that we have an unimaginative style of play, and big time talents want to go where they can show that off.  Alex Wood when he was hired as the QB coach said, “Recruiting to this school should be very easy, anyone could do it.”  Well, Alex, not anyone apparently.

4. “I am a true Razorback Fan.  I support all of our players, and ALL of our coaches.”

To me this is the very reason that we have had a pitiful football team in recent years.  Blind support of incompetent leadership.

I am an American.  I am one of the most patriotic people that you will ever meet.  However, just because I love this country does not mean that I support the actions of our President.  I will not discuss the last two presidents since their names are both hot buttons, and I don’t want this to turn into a political debate.  I do not have to support or agree with the President simply because I am an American.  I can make my voice be heard, I can vote for someone else, I can protest openly in the street.  You may be saying that “well, we don’t have a vote when it comes to our football coach.”  Don’t we?  Every time that we don’t call for action, that we passively accept failure, that we allow our beloved Hogs to be under coached, we are voting FOR someone that doesn’t deserve it.  Many have even taken the steps to not renew their season tickets.  I AM AS BIG OF A RAZORBACK FAN AS ANYONE, BUT I WILL NOT SIT QUIETLY BY WHILE OUR TEAM CIRCLES THE DRAIN BECAUSE OF THIS COACH.  Supporting a coach that has proved to us that he is in over his head is sheer lunacy and misplaced loyalty.

5.  “I suppose you know more or could do better than Nutt.”

You see, we fans are not just uniformed followers of a program.  We are intelligent beings with the ability to analyze a situation.  I am not proposing that I could do better, or even know more than Nutt.  But to say that many others and I are just ignorant country folk, that “don’t know nothing” about football is grossly inaccurate.  For whatever reason (and there have been many) Nutt has performed far below what it takes to make it in the SEC.  I believe that is quite clear.  I believe that others also see it clearly.  It doesn’t take a football genius to know when someone is not a football genius.

Final thought:  People have said, “okay, you blame Nutt for the bad years, then you must give him credit if and when things turn around.”  I do not agree with this.  We have seen what he can do when he was left on his own.  Now, we will see what will happen with the program since he has been forced to hire quality coaches.  He does not get credit for a good hire, when he was forced to make that hire.  He does not get credit for an explosive offense, should we get one under Gus, since it was not his idea and against his wishes.  There are just no more excuses for the incompetence and the embarrassment that Nutt has brought to the University of Arkansas.  He, in my opinion, has disqualified himself as a worthy person to be our coach.  Sure we have him for at least another year.  But you should be embarrassed to excuse him, because there just are no excuses for him.

WPS and Go Hogs.

excellent work uncle

gohogs728

Wow, there is more hate than even I imagined for Nutt on this board. Most won't admit it, but a successfull season and a turnaround for the program cannot happen without everyone pulling in the same direction. Three coaches can't do it by themselves just like 5 players can't do it by themselves. It takes everyone improving and learning from each other. The last two seasons have been awful. I will, however, give the coaching staff i.e. Nutt a chance to take his new role and do his job at his role. I won't automatically sit like a loaded gun waiting for any micro mess-up to send me into an aggressive anger spasm.  A lot more goes no than what we often times think does. We have all heard it before, too much blame/praise is put on the head coach and the quarterback. It's actually true. I haven't even heard anyone mention the one coach on staff that should be watching from the stands. The coach who has players do the most rediculous drills in practice and whose plays repeatedly got beat last year at crucial times. No one bangs that guy, just the HC. I say put up or shut up this year. We have an OC, a great QB coach (which the last one was no slouch) and a great DC. I want to see that all come together, managed by the head coach.  Anyone will be insane to give all the credit/hate to one, two, or three people on the staff. There is no I in team.

gohogs728

One more thing I wanted to add, and I know that I am going to be labled a "nutthugger" as I think it is called, but...  How can a coach who most all of you said was a great coach his first two years, lose ALL his ability to coach.  Many people think he is so incompetent that he can mess up next season just by stepping foot on the practice field. Did he really lose all that coaching from a few years back? Is he really that stupid? It's a proven fact that people lose sight of all the good qualities of a person (coach in our instance) when they are angry at that person. In conclusion, all that I am saying is that no matter how much you hate the HC, he is as capable of a coach now as he was when he was a play away from defeating the soon to be Tenn. nat'l champs in Knoxville. He doesn't wake up more stupid each day that goes by.

lunchbox72703

March 30, 2006, 04:27:18 am #26 Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 04:29:01 am by lunchbox72703
Well, you all have (mainly uglyuncle) have forced me to offer the 5 "true" excuses for Nutt!!!!  So stand back, darksiders, because the sunshine is about to burn you all!!!!!!

Number 1.    HDN realizes that he must perform this year in order to keep his job.  His forced compliance will allow for Malzahn, Herring, and Wood to successfully coach the team to success, while allowing for Houston to work on his vocal cords so that he can sing "It's Hard to be Humble" Opera-style!!!!

2.  The successful recruiting of Mustain will only give HDN the ultimate alibi in the case of poor coaching!!!

3.  HDN, when backed into a corner, will come out swinging.......FOR AMERICA BROTHA!!!!

4.  HDN was a quarterback once, and pulling on his former leadership skills at quarterback....will push this team to greatness!!!!

5.  Would you rather have Fat Phil???  Seriously....Fat Phil?

Once Again All....this is just for fun LOL

LA HAWG

Great post Ugly.  I agree wholeheartedly.  + 1 to you.

LA HAWG

March 30, 2006, 08:07:25 am #28 Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 08:26:57 am by LA HAWG

This guy is one of those people that just posts something against what is said in the start of the thread to get everyone riled up.  As you can see he has not been back.

hoggystyle78

I can sum it up easily, nutt is an egotistical, arrogant, ignorant retard who can't stay out of his own way, he's pretty much screwed up everything he's touched the last 2+ years, and no matter what he does I will never again support him as our HC, he's done everything in his power to keep total control of the offense even though fans have been screaming for the last 4 years for him to give the offense to an OC, he's cost us numerous games because he thinks he can call plays as good as Don Shula or Tom Landry. He's just an egotistical a-hole who will destroy our program if left unchecked. The happiest day of my life will be when he's GONE. And BTW, to all you people who say we darksiders don't have the guts to call out dale in person, just tell me when he will be speaking in central Arkansas and i will be more than happy to bust his ass in person, what's he gonna do?, I wish he would get physical with me, I'd be more than happy to take a little of that 1.5 million his sorry butt isn't earning. You're an ignorant a-hole dale, please leave our state and program and don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya! :P

FLKeysGuy

Remember those Nike commercials, "I am Tiger Woods"

Well, I am uglyuncle!  (except the Cardinals fan part).

+1 uncle.  You've nailed my thoughts (again).

hoginator

March 30, 2006, 10:21:51 am #31 Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 10:26:24 am by hoginator
In the the spirit of this "UGLY" post, I thought some quotes from last year's SEC media days by Houston Nutt would be entertaining... I wonder what he'll say this year?

Hard to believe going on my eighth year.
         Hard for fans to believe going on my ninth year.

It's hard to believe I won't have No. 9, Matt Jones.
         Did you guys see Matt Jones in the NFL? Great receiver. I called that.

There's nothing wrong with punting the ball occasionally, nothing wrong with that.
    Nothing wrong with punting, but I'd rather go for it on 4th down in our own territory

These guys are good quarterbacks. Probably get a little bit back to the way the Clint Stoerners; when I had Mike Cherry, a little bit conventional-type quarterbacks
       These guys are good. I love those golf commercials...

The problem, the reason we can't name a quarterback today is Zac Tubbs is hurt, Tony Ugoh was with track, Cody Green recovering from back surgery so you basically we got a couple of ankles.
       The reason we can't name a QB today is Dedric Poole is at UAPB.

We had a good football team at Murray State, some years could have won it with the personnel that we had.
       We had a good football team at Murray State, some years could have won it with the personnel that we had.

Well, we don't get to go to a January 1 Bowl and now you have another motivation problem and so my point is when you hit that 13th, 14th, 15th game, that's a tough road now. You are asking a lot from your players.
       If we hit a 15th game, brotha that would be something now. We'd be really tired.

That's what makes you sick. It's a great teacher, it's a fine line between winning and losing.
      That line is somewhere beyond 4th and 1. I know better. It's OK to punt.
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

4thdownnutt

what does it take for people to open their eyes --  beautifully said uncle!!!!  I've seen this crap for years and am sick of it.  but until people show their displasure in the stands and wallet book thing will just go on as is. Old goat Frank seems satisified.

mj4president

Hi I am back. Maybe I didn't post because I actually leave the house every now and then. I don't post things to get everyone riled up. I post things that I believe. Since nearly everyone here doesn't like my opinion they get mad. Why cant yall just be a little bit patient.?You cant find a coach that hasnt had losing seasons. This program is heading in the right direction. I also found it funny that the people said they werent fair weathered fans. I recall someone saying "I liked nutt for the first 5.5 years and now I cant stand him." The first half decade we were winning and now the last few years we have lost. Ummm?? That sounds like the exact definition to me.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: mj4president on March 30, 2006, 06:14:00 pm
Hi I am back. Maybe I didn't post because I actually leave the house every now and then. I don't post things to get everyone riled up. I post things that I believe. Since nearly everyone here doesn't like my opinion they get mad. Why cant yall just be a little bit patient.?You cant find a coach that hasnt had losing seasons. This program is heading in the right direction. I also found it funny that the people said they werent fair weathered fans. I recall someone saying "I liked nutt for the first 5.5 years and now I cant stand him." The first half decade we were winning and now the last few years we have lost. Ummm?? That sounds like the exact definition to me.

We were talking about Nutt...not the hogs...try to keep up.
Retired Radio Host

mj4president

Really?? Way to read man. My whole post was about Nutt.

Ugly Uncle

March 30, 2006, 06:36:03 pm #36 Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 06:37:53 pm by uglyuncle
Quote from: mj4president on March 30, 2006, 06:30:13 pm
Really?? Way to read man. My whole post was about Nutt.

Really? 

I know you were talking about Nutt...but you were equating fairweather fan of the program with being a fan of Nutt.  Your post was based on an incorrect premise. 

One does not necessarily mean the other...obviously.
Retired Radio Host

Hog1751

I can find several coaches that have never had a losing season, Pete Carroll, Bob Stoops, are the first 2 that come to mind. Not liking a coach does not make you a fair weathered fan. If I was to say, quit rooting for the Hogs and throw all my gear away when we were losing, that would make me a fair weathered fan. "You can argue till your blue in the face but when arguing an idiotic point you always sound like a idiot." JLB 3-30-06

hogman64

I dont agree with your posts about fair weather fans ....I have been a fan since 1964, since 1964  I dont think there has been 5 Hog football games that I didnt either attend, watch on tv or listen to on the radio and I didnt do that just so I could be mad at the coach or to get ammunition to bitch about him.  I was not outspoken against Nutt until 7 years and 2 games in to his time at ark...thats longer than the 5.5 you used as an example of the "fair weathered fan"..........the real truth  is the reverse of what you said, its the opposite of a fair weather fan that doesnt just fly off and start hating the coach over one event or one bad year...

I WANT to support the hog coach in every sport...it wasnt just the Vandy game for me that turned me into a fan ready for Nutt to leave..that was just finallly the last straw for me...his stubborness on the OC, his predictible offense , his less than average recruiting,his confused play calling in crucial situations,his constant wasting of time outs,and other things and then his dumb excuses for not playing McFadden and Jones in the Vandy game did it with me....

I go to all in state games, never leave before the final second is gone and cheer the team to the end, I am not a fair weather.. If I am then its been fair weather in ARk for over 40 years...
Nutt had to really work hard at it to turn me against him, but he did..........However I plan to be at every in state game next year cheering the HOgs, even tho I am not a Houston Nutt supporter............

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hogman64 on March 30, 2006, 09:37:18 pm

I dont agree with your posts about fair weather fans ....I have been a fan since 1964, since 1964  I dont think there has been 5 Hog football games that I didnt either attend, watch on tv or listen to on the radio and I didnt do that just so I could be mad at the coach or to get ammunition to bitch about him.  I was not outspoken against Nutt until 7 years and 2 games in to his time at ark...thats longer than the 5.5 you used as an example of the "fair weathered fan"..........the real truth  is the reverse of what you said, its the opposite of a fair weather fan that doesnt just fly off and start hating the coach over one event or one bad year...

I WANT to support the hog coach in every sport...it wasnt just the Vandy game for me that turned me into a fan ready for Nutt to leave..that was just finallly the last straw for me...his stubborness on the OC, his predictible offense , his less than average recruiting,his confused play calling in crucial situations,his constant wasting of time outs,and other things and then his dumb excuses for not playing McFadden and Jones in the Vandy game did it with me....

I go to all in state games, never leave before the final second is gone and cheer the team to the end, I am not a fair weather.. If I am then its been fair weather in ARk for over 40 years...
Nutt had to really work hard at it to turn me against him, but he did..........However I plan to be at every in state game next year cheering the HOgs, even tho I am not a Houston Nutt supporter............

Very well said.  Karma brotha...
Retired Radio Host

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Next time when you come back and post, could you have good point?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Pig Pumper

These folks that don't understand the difference between supporting the program and supporting the coach are thick.

The Razorbacks were here before Nutt was born and will be here long after he is gone.

PennHOG

Guys, I understand where your coming from and many times I agree with your points.  I also understand your need to vent and get on here and bitch about it.  I guess there would not be anything to talk about otherwise.  But, some of you have this incredible intense hatred for Nutt and you blast anyone who doesn't.  The name calling starts and everybody start ganging up on someone that is "not as enlighted" as the darksiders.  Well it just gets old.  Everything that Uncle said was things that people have been saying for the last two years.  How many different ways can you guys say the same things and then get followed by all kinds of praise and adulation. 

I don't agree that getting on here and bitching endlessly about how much you hate Nutt does any good or proves that you care just a little bit more the those that don't. 

I guess that's the main point of disagreement I have is that all this whinning and bitching only leads to more whinning and bitching and will never solve anything. 
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: PennHOG on March 31, 2006, 07:35:51 am
Guys, I understand where your coming from and many times I agree with your points.  I also understand your need to vent and get on here and bitch about it.  I guess there would not be anything to talk about otherwise.  But, some of you have this incredible intense hatred for Nutt and you blast anyone who doesn't.  The name calling starts and everybody start ganging up on someone that is "not as enlighted" as the darksiders.  Well it just gets old.  Everything that Uncle said was things that people have been saying for the last two years.  How many different ways can you guys say the same things and then get followed by all kinds of praise and adulation. 

I don't agree that getting on here and bitching endlessly about how much you hate Nutt does any good or proves that you care just a little bit more the those that don't. 

I guess that's the main point of disagreement I have is that all this whinning and bitching only leads to more whinning and bitching and will never solve anything. 

I refer you to points #1 and #2 of original post.  Also, check out the last part of #4. 
Retired Radio Host

hogman64

An argument could also be made that all of  your acceptance and blind allegiance to Nutt only leads to more mediocrity  and losing and will never solve anything...........I look at it  like this.... as easy as the "media" in Arkansas  is on HDN,this board serves a purpose in at least it is one place where his shortcomings can be publicly voiced......it is not like he is Bush and has an iquisitive press  exposing dumb things he does, Nutt practically has a free ride and the propaganda is thick..........

jkstock04

Quote from: hogman64 on March 31, 2006, 07:56:06 am

An argument could also be made that all of  your acceptance and blind allegiance to Nutt only leads to more mediocrity  and losing and will never solve anything...........I look at it  like this.... as easy as the "media" in Arkansas  is on HDN,this board serves a purpose in at least it is one place where his shortcomings can be publicly voiced......it is not like he is Bush and has an iquisitive press  exposing dumb things he does, Nutt practically has a free ride and the propaganda is thick..........
If the media was to ask him the hard questions and make him look bad then those who did it would be shunned...and probably not allowed to press confrences any more...therefore, instead of questions like "Why did you wait til the end of the year to start an obviously better qb?"....you might hear "Well, Houston it sure was a tough game today...but you've got to love the way the team never quit."  Then you get to hear Nutt spew his usual political, fake B.S.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PennHOG

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 29, 2006, 07:09:31 pm
You may be saying that well, we don't have a vote when it comes to our football coach.”  Don’t we?  Every time that we don’t call for action, that we passively accept failure, that we allow our beloved Hogs to be under coached, we are voting FOR someone that doesn’t deserve it. 

Clarification.  I don't agree with this part.  This is not a democracy like our great country.  The only way make our feelings be heard is to do the thing we don't want to do as fans and that is to stop going to games and stop buying merchandise which is a moot point for me since I can't do either living in PA.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

PennHOG

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 31, 2006, 08:08:25 am

If the media was to ask him the hard questions and make him look bad then those who did it would be shunned...and probably not allowed to press confrences any more...therefore, instead of questions like "Why did you wait til the end of the year to start an obviously better qb?"....you might hear "Well, Houston it sure was a tough game today...but you've got to love the way the team never quit."  Then you get to hear Nutt spew his usual political, fake B.S.

I ask a question in response to this.  Do you need the media to tell you that Nutt did something stupid?  I know I don't.  I don't have access to the media anyway!  I couldn't give a rats a$$ what the media asks in Arkansas. 

PennHOG

Please explain to me how it would make a difference if I got on here every day and tried to turn every thread started into a "Nutt is stupid" thread?

hogman64

Quote from: PennHOG on March 31, 2006, 08:19:14 am

Please explain to me how it would make a difference if I got on here every day and tried to turn every thread started into a "Nutt is stupid" thread?

The basic problem here is you dont understand the purposes served by a message board,,,,,,,,,,it is to voice opinions and people enjoy that... none of us mistake ourselves for the Board of Trustees and we dont think we are changing the university's direction on a daily basis...