Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keep your helmet on!!! This is practice!!

Started by Arazorbackguy1, March 27, 2006, 05:20:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard_white

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 27, 2006, 11:32:55 pm
Just watched Mike on the news also.  Have a question if anyone saw it...or for Mike himself.

HDN said he was concerned about the offensive line being able to block the way Gus wants them to.  He acted like they might get confused during the game(like he has never done that).  To me...and I could be wrong...it seemed like he was setting the foundation for taking over the offense with the excuse of "our line just isn't ready to block that system."

Gus, then was interviewed and said that he thought the line did well, and showed confidence in them to be able to get to their blocks.  He seemed like it would not be a problem.

Did anyone else see that...or notice that?  Am I making to much of this?  Am I reading something in there that wasn't there?

It just shows that HDN is incompetent and halfway out the door.

WPS

mikeirwin

Just watched Mike on the news also.  Have a question if anyone saw it...or for Mike himself.

HDN said he was concerned about the offensive line being able to block the way Gus wants them to.  He acted like they might get confused during the game(like he has never done that).  To me...and I could be wrong...it seemed like he was setting the foundation for taking over the offense with the excuse of "our line just isn't ready to block that system."

Gus, then was interviewed and said that he thought the line did well, and showed confidence in them to be able to get to their blocks.  He seemed like it would not be a problem.

Did anyone else see that...or notice that?  Am I making to much of this?  Am I reading something in there that wasn't there?
What you described is fairly accurate. Nutt actually said, "We can ALL draw up pass routes. We've run these routes before." I took that as a reference to all the the  questions about the new offense. Sort of like, This is something any of us could have come up with BUT....
and then he proceeded to question whether or not the linemen could hold their blocks.
Uncle, I was asking myself the same thing. Was Nutt setting us up for the inevitable, WELL IT WAS A NICE OFFENSE BUT WE COULDN'T BLOCK IT SO I GUESS IT'S BACK TO ME AND MM RUNNING THE OFFENSE  ?
Gee I don't know. I guess we'll have to watch for more clues.
I didn't see anything out there today suspicious other than Nutt's comments. Gus clearly ran the offense. Yes there were the usual bad passes and dropped passes but Gus explained that by indicating that once you narrow down the number of QBs and receivers to guys who will actually be contributing things will improve.
By the way one thing I didn't air was Nutt's comment when asked how Gus did: "I was real proud of him."
Some of you may see nothing wrong with that and maybe there's not. But to me it came across as a dad commenting on how his 4 year old just rode a bike for the first time.

gohogs728

Just wanted to make a few quick comments about what some other people said. First, I wanted to make a comment about the offensive line running to the l.o.s. Markuson is a stickler for that and always has been. If anyone is responsible for the line getting out of the huddle quickly, it is Markuson. He is always cursing and yelling and making them redo it if not. Malzahn might have said something today, but not nearly as much as Markuson. Also, Shibest always made the receivers do push ups for lacadazical drops as well. Finally, Malzahn is def. a disciplinarian and his attitude rubs off on the whole offense. I hope that will instill some of the same toughness that Herring is putting in our D. Our total D will be in the top 10 next year, mark it down.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 27, 2006, 11:58:07 pm

What you described is fairly accurate. Nutt actually said, "We can ALL draw up pass routes. We've run these routes before." I took that as a reference to all the the  questions about the new offense. Sort of like, This is something any of us could have come up with BUT....
and then he proceeded to question whether or not the linemen could hold their blocks.
Uncle, I was asking myself the same thing. Was Nutt setting us up for the inevitable, WELL IT WAS A NICE OFFENSE BUT WE COULDN'T BLOCK IT SO I GUESS IT'S BACK TO ME AND MM RUNNING THE OFFENSE  ?
I didn't see anything out there today suspicious other than Nutt's comments. Gus clearly ran the offense. Yes there were the usual bad passes and dropped passes but Gus explained that by indicating that once you narrow down the number of QBs and receivers to guys who will actually be contributing things will improve.
By the way one thing I didn't air was Nutt's comment when asked how Gus did: "I was real proud of him."
Some of you may see nothing wrong with that and maybe there's not. But to me it came across as a dad commenting on how his 4 year old just rode a bike for the first time.

Thanks Mike.  I was going to mention that about the "we've always run those pass plays."  But it slipped my mind when typing. 

I'm glad I wasn't imagining that...but a little scared that I wasn't also.
Retired Radio Host

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Man, I love this board.

Man, I don't like Nutt.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

pigture perfect

That is funny. Did he really say, "We've run these routes before?"

I didn't see which routes were run today, but they must have been 5 yarders to someone coming out of the backfield.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 28, 2006, 12:22:59 am

I didn't see which routes were run today, but they must have been 5 yarders to someone coming out of the backfield.
Besides all of his other SERIOUS psychological problems, we can now add a serious "depth perception" disorder.

GREAT. :puke:
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on March 28, 2006, 12:55:17 am
Quote from: pigture perfect on March 28, 2006, 12:22:59 am

Besides all of his other SERIOUS psychological problems, we can now add a serious "depth perception" disorder.

GREAT. :puke:

LOL
Retired Radio Host

Izual65

Porky OLeary

Nutt's not taking gus seriously at all it appears. First day of spring practice, and nutt already doesn't think the line can passblock. Why don't you fire the line coach houston!?!
He's going to goober this up, I just know it.

LA HAWG

Is there any way that we can keep Houston out of the offense.  He makes me sick.  :puke:

3kgthog

Notice how HDN didn't say they had run those routes CORRECTLY before. Therein lies the difference between Gus and Goober.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: Porky OLeary on March 28, 2006, 05:33:35 am

Nutt's not taking gus seriously at all it appears. First day of spring practice, and nutt already doesn't think the line can passblock. Why don't you fire the line coach houston!?!

Unfortunately, I'm reading the same conclusion between the lines.  Is there any way we can send HDN on a 10-month overseas sabbatical?

Ugly Uncle

March 28, 2006, 07:46:49 am #63 Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 07:49:05 am by uglyuncle
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 28, 2006, 07:08:24 am
Quote from: Porky OLeary on March 28, 2006, 05:33:35 am

Unfortunately, I'm reading the same conclusion between the lines.  Is there any way we can send HDN on a 10-month overseas sabbatical?

WE MUST DO OUR PART TO MAKE SURE THAT HOUSTON DALE NUTT KNOWS THAT WE KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING!!!

There needs to be post on this board, calls in to sports shows, emails, faxes, letter's to the editor, whatever else you can think of.  Houston needs to know that he isn't fooling anyone this time.  That we are no longer fooled by NUTTSPEAK.

You reading this right now may say, "Oh, HDN is a good man, that wants what is best for this program.  He would never do that."  Well, I feel that he only wants what he wants, and that is to not be shown up by a high school coach.  But our individual opinions are not the point. 

The point?  That HDN knows that if he tries to do the things that many of us believe he is already trying to do...that it will not go unnoticed. 

HDN's biggest fear is an informed educated fan base that is watching what he is doing and saying...

HDN's second biggest fear is that informed base to call him on his Nuttspeak...

Retired Radio Host

hoggystyle78

Everytime that a-hole opens his pie hole it makes me hate his egotitstical ass more and more! Arkansas football will NEVER be as good as it could be with that borderline retard calling the shots. I hope we win enough next year that he can find some fool AD to take a chance on him. That will be a happy day in my household.

LA HAWG

abraHAM_lincoln

I think with Coach Malahzan in charge...we won't be seeing the 6'5 340 lb linemen being recruited anymore.  It will be mor in the 300lbs or less in weight who are rangy and have greater endurance.

You can see some aspects of this, as after Coach M came on board..the linemen we recruited and signed last year were more athletic types..and the ones we seem to be targeting this year are not the monster sized guys...but under 300lb guys....

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 28, 2006, 07:46:49 am
WE MUST DO OUR PART TO MAKE SURE THAT HOUSTON DALE NUTT KNOWS THAT WE KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING!!!

There needs to be post on this board, calls in to sports shows, emails, faxes, letter's to the editor, whatever else you can think of.  Houston needs to know that he isn't fooling anyone this time.  That we are no longer fooled by NUTTSPEAK.

You reading this right now may say, "Oh, HDN is a good man, that wants what is best for this program.  He would never do that."  Well, I feel that he only wants what he wants, and that is to not be shown up by a high school coach.  But our individual opinions are not the point. 

The point?  That HDN knows that if he tries to do the things that many of us believe he is already trying to do...that it will not go unnoticed. 

HDN's biggest fear is an informed educated fan base that is watching what he is doing and saying...

HDN's second biggest fear is that informed base to call him on his Nuttspeak...

Agree 100%!

OPPHOG

THis board should have its name changed from hogville to

firenutt.com

There is some negative folks on here,  WOW
" 1 more year"  Then fire him

Arkapigdiesel

March 28, 2006, 09:04:10 am #69 Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 09:20:52 am by PBD
QuoteHDN said he was concerned about the offensive line being able to block the way Gus wants them to.
I didn't see the interview so I'm just going on what you said.  If nutty really did say that then he is a bafoon (I already think he is anyway) because Malzahn can get high school kids to understand the system but D-I athletes can't?!

It wouldn't shock me if nutty really did say that.  Unbelievable.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

LA HAWG

Quote from: OPPHOG on March 28, 2006, 09:00:37 am
THis board should have its name changed from hogville to

firenutt.com

The Huggers just haven't found this thread yet.

RealSmartGuy

Gus is running the show, if Gus is anything like people have told me, and as assertive as I have seen him in person and the one time we met, then Nutt can talk all he wants, but Gus is calling the shots, and after talking to the "higher ups" this past Sunday, Nutt is going to have to back off, its Gus's show, and he will be told to back off if he starts meddling.  Trust GUS.

It has to be hard though for anyone with any pride to have done to them what Nutt has, have a High school OC put on you, but Gus deserves it, his track record is one of immediate results, it will stay the same this year as well, he is that good.

boomo26

I was watching the news lastnight and they had this guy come on and say he had never seen so many deep passes thrown in the practice in many years.  Look at this we might have more then a one dimential offense.

Boomo

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: OPPHOG on March 28, 2006, 09:00:37 am
This board should have its name changed from hogville to

Friend.com

Just realistic.

We have waited and suffered a "long cold winter" and everything that implies regarding Razorback Football. We are relieved to find out that help is on the way with GM and his offense and history for winning. We are elated when GM brings MM to the program. Things are really starting to buzz.

Day 1 comes and there is much excitement. The air is a little fresher, the birds chirp a little louder, you slow down for the squirrel in the road etc.

We anxiously await some snippet of info from Spring Practice and we hear great news coming from RRS. We hear of discipline and energy, excitement and productivity, cooperation and intelligence. It is a beautiful day... until.

NUTT SPEAKS: after all of this we get the rug pulled out from under us with some of the more demoralizing statements he could have made.

NUTT: "Anybody can call those plays."
MEANS: GM is nothing special, Murray St Mafia could have done this.

NUTT: "Anybody can call plays, but you have to be able to block for them."
MEANS: Mike M is an idiot, and his recruits are years behind in pass blocking... I'm going to find a way to use this to leverage myself ahead of GM.

NUTT: "I am real proud of him."
MEANS: He is a side show that was hired by the University to appease the idiots of NW Arkansas. I dint take him seriously and neither should you. He did his job getting us MM. Thanks for coming.

HOGVILLE: Nutt, we are watching. We are listening. We see what you are doing. We do not like it. Be smart, shut up chew your nails and let Gus, Alex and MM win enough to get your arse out of here.

--Hogluvin.

jabohog

This is just one day of practice. Nutt is worried about the OL because he isn't used to having a QB that can put us in a good play. A QB that can do that will benefit the OL doing their job as well. I think a lot of this hinges on the development of the QB. On the other hand if the OL can't provide the protection to execute as Nutt has said, what do you do? Change the offense, fire the OL coach, recruit better? I agree with RSG, let Nutt run his mouth, time will tell when these coaches have had a chance to do their jobs.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on March 28, 2006, 09:22:09 am
Gus is running the show, if Gus is anything like people have told me, and as assertive as I have seen him in person and the one time we met, then Nutt can talk all he wants, but Gus is calling the shots, and after talking to the "higher ups" this past Sunday, Nutt is going to have to back off, its Gus's show, and he will be told to back off if he starts meddling.  Trust GUS.

It has to be hard though for anyone with any pride to have done to them what Nutt has, have a High school OC put on you, but Gus deserves it, his track record is one of immediate results, it will stay the same this year as well, he is that good.

Unfortunately, HDN is still the head coach.  Consequently, he's still the guy talking to the media.  How far is he gonna push the envelope on the issue?  He's already called into question pass blocking and has made assertions that Mitch will not be starting this fall.  Seems he's already reached some conclusions in his mind before ANY evidence has been presented.

HOGLUVIN

It was either Mike or Rick this am, and I am sorry for not being able to credit the correct person specifically, but they made a great point about the performace of the OLine.

When they are running pass blocking drills ONLY and the D knows that there is no chance of getting caught in a screen or draw or delay, they just pin their ears back and run to a spot. They are not in pads yet. They may run to the line of scrimmage, but they aren't mentally in it yet.

Another poster made a point about "helmet on, head in" , the same can be said for wearing pads. "Pads on means head in it". This is too significant to be discounted and thank goodness someone (GM) had enough foresight to know this.

ThisLittlePiggie

Just thought I'd throw this into the thread. Although it happened fifty years ago...where did the time go?...the longest winning streak in college football history was 47 games in a row put up by Bud Wilkinson's Oklahoma Sooners. Their quick huddle and sprint to the line of scrimmage was legendary. They pealed out of that short, short huddle with the interior linemen leading the charge with one quick step toward either  sideline and then in a short semi-circle, meeting at the football as the backs were lined up and ready for the set position as they arrived. It was awesome to watch and had to be frightening/disturbing to look at for the defense.

The snap of the football happened in miliseconds after arrival at the LoS. That little psychological ploy was disconcerting and effective, much like the no-huddle. And the Sooner line never seemed to tire later in the game because they all had flat bellys.

RealSmartGuy

Fl Keys, from what you know, don't you agree that when its all said and Done, Nutt will be told to stay out of the way, and let Gus do his job.  When did Nutt say he didn't think Mitch will win the job, I've seen Mitch, I've seen Casey, there is zero comparison, none, casey will have to get alot better to fight off Mitch, and if he does then we are that much better, I just look at Guys like Broyles being there, Broyles is not there to observe Nutt, but Gus, or he is there to tell Nutt to shut the crap up.

idochog

March 28, 2006, 10:08:33 am #79 Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 10:23:45 am by idochog
Yeah I thought it was kinda interesting that JFB was there observing.  Makes you wonder what HDN will do to Mahlzan when the tarps go up and JFB goes to Augusta.
I love Jesus!

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on March 28, 2006, 10:02:22 am
Fl Keys, from what you know, don't you agree that when its all said and Done, Nutt will be told to stay out of the way, and let Gus do his job.  When did Nutt say he didn't think Mitch will win the job, I've seen Mitch, I've seen Casey, there is zero comparison, none, casey will have to get alot better to fight off Mitch, and if he does then we are that much better, I just look at Guys like Broyles being there, Broyles is not there to observe Nutt, but Gus, or he is there to tell Nutt to shut the crap up.

I'm guessing that HDN will have to be "reminded" to stay out of the way.

As for his comments on Mitch, there were some things mentioned in Sunday's article by Harry King that sounded like HDN was "pre-selling" the idea that Mitch wouldn't be starting.  And, this morning, someone posted this link on Hogville:  http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Spring_Preview/Springlooks_SEC.htm

RealSmartGuy

Of all the coaches there, Herring and Malzahn have the most job security period, if anyone needs to allow his coaches to work and buy into, its Nutt, if they don't win 7 this year he is gone, he may be gone at 7, butch is still unemployed and him and Gus are great great freinds.  All Nutt is doing by running his mouth is making things much more complicated for himself.  That is it, he needs to be a Sunshine pumper and work with the place kickers.  Can you believe the amount of reps our kids got compared to Nutt's practices, not even close.

RealSmartGuy

I have seen quotes where Gus said Alex told Mitch he would get him ready to play, but that if he wasn't, he would redshirt, my guess is he is ready and Nutt shuts up

NuttsSacked

Nutt's going to screw Malzahn before they even get out of spring practice.  It didn't take one day for folks to notice his pea-brain jockeying for position. 

All he had to do was wait until practice was closed, kept his mouth shut and knowone would have been the wiser.  Nutt could say the spring came was all run, run, run because they didn't want to tip their hand.  Instead, that idiot trips on his lip before they even get started. 

Man, I despise that egomaniac.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on March 28, 2006, 10:13:14 am
Of all the coaches there, Herring and Malzahn have the most job security period, if anyone needs to allow his coaches to work and buy into, its Nutt, if they don't win 7 this year he is gone, he may be gone at 7, butch is still unemployed and him and Gus are great great freinds.  All Nutt is doing by running his mouth is making things much more complicated for himself.  That is it, he needs to be a Sunshine pumper and work with the place kickers.  Can you believe the amount of reps our kids got compared to Nutt's practices, not even close.

Everything about football under Gus is a well-oiled, highly-organized machine designed to optimize the use of time.  The word 'discipline' comes to mind. 

I like your idea of HDN working solely with the place kickers.

King-Tusk

I have been supportive of Nutt without being a Nutt-hugger simply because he is the head coach, however; he should not make statements about our boys not being able to handle the new system.  
He is the head of this program and needs to support everyone, players and coaches, until they prove that they cannot handle their assignments.

Now I know that this is only day 2 of the Spring Campaign, but I cannot help feeling the butterflies in my stomach in anticipation and in nervousness.  

Please Coach Nutt, for the love of all things holy, do not hold this team back from greatness.  The safe and boring philosophy hasn't worked very well for us, so let's go a new way.  The Gus way, the Wood way, the way that everyone who supports the Hogs wants it to go.  

Now let's get back to being positive and excited about what the new OC is bringing to the field for us, a productive team that will shock the naysayers and give Hognation a team to be proud of.

WPS   :razorback:
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 28, 2006, 10:11:22 am

As for his comments on Mitch, there were some things mentioned in Sunday's article by Harry King that sounded like HDN was "pre-selling" the idea that Mitch wouldn't be starting.  And, this morning, someone posted this link on Hogville:  http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Spring_Preview/Springlooks_SEC.htm

Arkansas    Spring practice starts March 27, Spring Game April 15
The big spring question is ... Can the program hold on for one more year before the Mitch Mustain era begins? Head coach Houston Nutt got his star quarterback, but it was made very clear early on that Mustain is going to redshirt. This was a young team last year, but the program has been treading water for a few seasons under Nutt and it has to start winning now. This will be Nutt's ninth year in Fayetteville and there has to be some sign that the wheels are in motion to be a true SEC title contender in the very, very near future.

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

RealSmartGuy

FL keys, Let me restate my place kicker thing, I meant just the kickoff guys, placekicking is to dang important,

Nutt's new title

Head Coach: Kickoff Coordinator/Deep Snapper Coordinator

FIRE STAN

HOGLUVIN

Hey, why dont you run over there and grab me a Coke...

Oh, and Houston .....Diet.

pork and mindy

I'm as pumped about Mustain as anybody. But he's not even on campus yet. Dick has some experience and has shown he can move the ball down the field. Is it really that unrealistic for him to be our starter at the beginning of the year? If HDN, Wood, and Gus think that Mitch isn't ready to start his first collegiate game, i'll defer to their judgment.

I'm confident Gus will be allowed to do his thing, and that coupled with a defense with an entire year under Herring's system will make for an exciting year.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on March 28, 2006, 10:21:26 am
FL keys, Let me restate my place kicker thing, I meant just the kickoff guys, placekicking is to dang important,

Nutt's new title

Head Coach: Kickoff Coordinator/Deep Snapper Coordinator

FIRE STAN

You'd think he'd be pretty good with the field goal unit too... afterall, everything he ever did offensively occurred between the hash marks.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on March 28, 2006, 10:18:45 am
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 28, 2006, 10:11:22 am

Arkansas    Spring practice starts March 27, Spring Game April 15
The big spring question is ... Can the program hold on for one more year before the Mitch Mustain era begins? Head coach Houston Nutt got his star quarterback, but it was made very clear early on that Mustain is going to redshirt. This was a young team last year, but the program has been treading water for a few seasons under Nutt and it has to start winning now. This will be Nutt's ninth year in Fayetteville and there has to be some sign that the wheels are in motion to be a true SEC title contender in the very, very near future.

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.
I cackled loudly.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

idochog

Is there any way we can get Gus in charge of who returns punts.

HDN still smoking crack trying to make Hillis the punt "catcher"
I love Jesus!

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: pork and mindy on March 28, 2006, 10:22:27 am
I'm as pumped about Mustain as anybody. But he's not even on campus yet. Dick has some experience and has shown he can move the ball down the field. Is it really that unrealistic for him to be our starter at the beginning of the year? If HDN, Wood, and Gus think that Mitch isn't ready to start his first collegiate game, i'll defer to their judgment.

I'm confident Gus will be allowed to do his thing, and that coupled with a defense with an entire year under Herring's system will make for an exciting year.

Noone is saying we dont like Casey. Just that we dont like the way that this is all starting to play out... they way that the REAL NUTT HATERS said that it would, and we just said nope. Get on the Gus Bus, Gus and Alex show etc.

FLKeysGuy

If HDN, Wood, and Gus think that Mitch isn't ready to start his first collegiate game, i'll defer to their judgment.

I fixed your statement to reflect my feelings.

RealSmartGuy

Kicking is very similar to the draw play, the ball is kicked almost over the center, who is our holder?  perhaps he could fake the kick and run the draw, this could be Nutt's new trick play.  I don't want him over the whole kicking game though, that scares me

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 28, 2006, 10:25:59 am
If HDN, Wood, and Gus think that Mitch isn't ready to start his first collegiate game, i'll defer to their judgment.

I fixed your statement to reflect my feelings.

EXACTLY  +1

HOGLUVIN

Mike, we are all trying to read into this and we are just guessing, those of us who cant be down there, and if we were few or none could get any closer than you.

Please tell us, if you can,  in a 2 - 5 word sentence what was your interpretation of HDN and his comments yesterday.

I have been reading your comments over and over. I think I am getting a sense but don't like what I am feeling this am.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on March 28, 2006, 11:11:06 am
Mike, we are all trying to read into this and we are just guessing, those of us who cant be down there, and if we were few or none could get any closer than you.

Please tell us, if you can,  in a 2 - 5 word sentence what was your interpretation of HDN and his comments yesterday.

I have been reading your comments over and over. I think I am getting a sense but don't like what I am feeling this am.

I'm sensing that HDN may be a little 'insecure' about the fact that Gus is "the Man".

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: Fresh Legs on March 28, 2006, 11:15:00 am
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 28, 2006, 11:13:58 am
Quote from: HOGLUVIN on March 28, 2006, 11:11:06 am

I'm sensing that HDN may be a little 'insecure' about the fact that Gus is "the Man".

There's no doubt.

I am very disappointed in his comments. Why they were ignorant, they are just the kind of thing that swings a very happy day into weeks of dissention. Do you think he said them to get Broyles to close off the practices and can you imagine what the speculation will be like if he does close em all off?