Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Patrick Beverley (Article)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 27, 2006, 05:19:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pork and mindy

I wonder why he is coming here 2nd and St. John's 3rd now? I hope he plans on committing when he gets down here to save the third trip. I really don't see him ending up at St. John's.

NathanArizona

Let's just hope we don't have another Thad Young incident :'(

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: pork and mindy on March 27, 2006, 08:14:29 pm
I wonder why he is coming here 2nd and St. John's 3rd now? I hope he plans on committing when he gets down here to save the third trip. I really don't see him ending up at St. John's.

That puts him here during our national AAU tourney ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: NathanArizona on March 28, 2006, 12:58:36 am
Let's just hope we don't have another Thad Young incident :'(

From what I hear, our players/coaches didn't do their research on Thad Young.  Apparently he is kind of a homebody, goodieboy who cares about grades just as much as basketball (seriously, what's the nerve of this kid??), and our players were given the green light to take him out on the town.  Totally overwhelmed him.   A few days later he was committed to Ga Tech.

pork and mindy

I dunno about that. No way Young finishes college. He's pretty much said he's in for a year the he's going to the draft. I think he didn't come to Arkansas because we already had Weems and possibly Brewer, and Young doesn't want to share time with anybody.

mbgrulz

i bet a lot of these top 5 high school boys will be sorely mistaken if they think they are going to go into college for 1 year and then make the jump. they look good against high school talent, but they begin to look more human against D 1 athletes. look at brandon rush. he was a sure fire 1st round pick coming out of high school, but now he's "gonna stay another year". truth is, they lose a lot of shine when they go from averaging 40 points per game to 10 or 12. may be wrong, but its my opinion for now.

pork and mindy

I don't disagree with that. But as of right now that's what Young is thinking.

return2glory

Brandon Rush wasn't projected in the first round in any of the mock drafts that I looked at. Most of them had him going in the mid to late second round (i.e. no guaranteed contract).

Your point still stands though. A lot can change when a kid plays against bigger, stronger, more skilled competition.

Buck Ocean

QuoteThat puts him here during our national AAU tourney

What a huge weekend.  I wish we could get Beverly to stay for Saturdays events:

Spring Scrimmage
Razorfest
Baseball Game
AAU Tourney as mentioned
and another Hogville tailgate!!!

Thats a lot of fans to show this guy that we care about our town and University.
Think like a Jedi

The_Bionic_Pig

March 28, 2006, 05:59:10 pm #10 Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 06:08:33 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Roundball Classic will be televised nationally on CSTV
at Chicago's United Center on Sunday, April 9, 2006 at 3:00 p.m.

His coach Former UA Alum MIKE CONLEY (Whom he will be around all next week practicing with the West Squad. Thus him attending The Real Deal on the Hill tourney the following week but not as a participant where Mike Conley will have his AAU squad.  By then he and Coach Conley should have established a good Coach/Student tides. ;)  Mike Conley did his best to recruit his son our direction (Even got him to visit along with Oden)  100 to 1 He & Stan have kept the phone lines hot  ;D
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pork and mindy

Is there anything organized for Beverly's visit on the fan front? I know that Thad Young was greeted with quite a crowd. It would make a good impression if we had something prepared for him.

cardinalhawg

Many are assuming that the Hogs will end up with both Smith and Beverly, if they are wanted bad enough, but the Hogs may end up with neither.  I agree with those that say that we need to get the quality players now and not put all hope on getting the the 3 key players next year.  I believe we get Smith and it will be 50/50 on Beverley

hawgfawn97

Beverly says that Mich is his leader right now after the visit he had with them. Comes to Arkansas the 13th. Then more than likely make a announcement

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hawgfawn97 on March 29, 2006, 05:47:32 pm
Beverly says that Mich is his leader right now after the visit he had with them. Comes to Arkansas the 13th. Then more than likely make a announcement

After spending a full week with Alum Mike Conley and then coming to the campus the following week as a selling point I would say the thrills of that NIT game will wear off. ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

zwhogfan

I hope that is the case, we need a shooter in the worst way. Beverly could come here and really produce, just imagine all the open looks our guards had on the perimeter this past season. If you put a 55% 3pt shooter in there, he could light it up.