220 (50.8%)
fans
4 (0.9%)
I don't blame anyone... Bucknell is just a better team
53 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 0

FLKeysGuy

March 18, 2006, 02:02:58 pm Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 02:42:49 pm by FLKeysGuy
Since everyone's discussing it on several different threads, let's just see how it plays out in a vote.

HOGLIGULA

Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

bro.coach

Dontell Jefferson being on the floor at all makes it the coaches fault.

HOGLIGULA

Hey KeysGuy will you keep this poll open for a couple of days I really want to see the results
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

hogman64

If you put DJ on the floor with any top 25 team in the nation  as the point guard he would bring the effectiveness of the entire team down by 25% at least, cant remember ever seeing a player I thought brought the whole team down like he did..........and it wasnt his fault it was  Heath's

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 18, 2006, 02:08:31 pm
Quote from: coolhandluke31 on March 18, 2006, 02:07:28 pm
Hey KeysGuy will you keep this poll open for a couple of days I really want to see the results

sure.  We may have to 'bump' it occasionally to keep it on page 1.

will be greatly appreciated

Lokirain

March 18, 2006, 02:12:47 pm #6 Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 02:16:34 pm by Lokirain
I may have voted for something different had that last choice been worded different. Bucknell is the better TEAM after all. We have better players.

Flatfoot

Too obvious what the problem was FlKeysGuy.  Heath never put them in a position to win.  Still can't teach a team to beat a zone defense after 4 years.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Lokirain

Part of our not playing together falls directly on Stan though. If we played like Bucknell, with that cohesiveness, we would be unstoppable. We have zero chemistry on this team. And let it be known that I say we should not FIRE STAN. And here is why. Stan keeps getting better each year. He said he would get us to the NCAA this year and he did. He is kinda sliding by at this point. But we have to keep him for the first year where he has ALL of his recruits. Modica and Ferguson were Nolan's guys and I personally liked them, but I won't be missing them either. I cannot wait three more seasons to rebuild. OK OK there is Bruce Pearl. I know, I live in Tennessee, but look at Felton, that guy is a great coach. Auburn's coach is good also, but he too is rebuilding. The year Stan has less wins than the year before, then I might consider it.
But, I want my team back, the one that a decade ago destroyed everyone, we didn't care what your legendary school did. WE were the Razorbacks and we ran you into the ground. Scored 100 points and made every tying or game winning shot, free throw, three pointer, you name it. We will not accept mediocrity here. And that's what we're getting. But I also saw some good things this year. Some of the old fire, but is it enough? Are we just keeping our head afloat? I hope not.

Boss Hogg

We didn't even try to set the tempo at the beginning of the game.  Just watched them pass it around for 30 seconds and let them hit the 3.  Shoulda brought the pressure from the get-go.

razorbackfan4life

FIRE STAN HEATH! NO MORE MEDIOCRITY FOR ME!

petro pig

Basically all we had to do was gurad two players tought and we win.

neblon

Quote from: Lokirain on March 18, 2006, 02:29:47 pm
Part of our not playing together falls directly on Stan though. If we played like Bucknell, with that cohesiveness, we would be unstoppable. We have zero chemistry on this team. And let it be known that I say we should not FIRE STAN. And here is why. Stan keeps getting better each year. He said he would get us to the NCAA this year and he did. He is kinda sliding by at this point. But we have to keep him for the first year where he has ALL of his recruits. Modica and Ferguson were Nolan's guys and I personally liked them, but I won't be missing them either. I cannot wait three more seasons to rebuild. OK OK there is Bruce Pearl. I know, I live in Tennessee, but look at Felton, that guy is a great coach. Auburn's coach is good also, but he too is rebuilding. The year Stan has less wins than the year before, then I might consider it.
But, I want my team back, the one that a decade ago destroyed everyone, we didn't care what your legendary school did. WE were the Razorbacks and we ran you into the ground. Scored 100 points and made every tying or game winning shot, free throw, three pointer, you name it. We will not accept mediocrity here. And that's what we're getting. But I also saw some good things this year. Some of the old fire, but is it enough? Are we just keeping our head afloat? I hope not.

Furguson was NOT one of Nolans guys.  Kendrick Davis and Fergie were Stanleys' first recruits. Modica commited to Nolan

HatfieldHog

Quote from: bro.coach on March 18, 2006, 02:05:39 pm
Dontell Jefferson being on the floor at all makes it the coaches fault.

Amen!  You got a witness here!   

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 18, 2006, 04:15:48 pm
I'm surprised there's only 70 votes so far... with the passionate debates on various threads, I thought there'd be many more voters.

70 votes and over 220 views.  that reminds me of something, Yeah the 3 pt. field goal percentage of the hogs this entire season

HOGLIGULA

mword

If the players had made at least the half of the free throws they missed, the Hogs would have won. Also, they really sucked at making the 3 pointers. I blame Health on some of it, but the majority of it was the players.

HOGLIGULA

God i wish this day never happened.  nothing against Heath but not the man for the job

hogsta

I was dissing people months ago for pounding on Heath prematurely. He and the team did a great job. They lost in the first round. Big deal. They did better than most of the doomsayers predicted. It's nothing disgraceful.

I wanted Bucknell to lose, of course, but I picked them in my bracket.

HOGLIGULA

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: usarmyhogfan on March 18, 2006, 07:04:23 pm
Mediocrity is taking over Arkansas Athletics like the plague...Maybee UAMS will find a cure eventually...

we can only hope maybe a shot of McDonnell will cure all of our woes

hogsrock

Quote from: coolhandluke31 on March 18, 2006, 07:01:09 pm
Why did we lose?

You lost coach because you didn't press nearly enough and you played Jefferson.
"It's easy to fix mistakes if the exposed flaws are unusual.  But when these flaws are fundamental weaknesses that haven't been corrected for years the idea that a problem may be too serious to correct is sobering."  Bacon

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: hogsrock on March 18, 2006, 07:09:11 pm
Quote from: coolhandluke31 on March 18, 2006, 07:01:09 pm
Why did we lose?

You lost coach because you didn't press nearly enough and you played Jefferson.

Nice +1

HogFansReunited

I voted players because they lost the game and played like crap, but this is just as much Heaths fault for not having them prepared and not playing the game to our strengths.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: FireNutt on March 18, 2006, 07:14:37 pm
I voted players because they lost the game and played like crap, but this is just as much Heaths fault for not having them prepared and not playing the game to our strengths.

hey atleast you voted

HOGLIGULA

vote early vote often.  It worked for tweed why not HogVille.

JIHawg

Heath's big mistake was letting the other coach totally control the tempo and speed of the game by not pressing agressively until too late.  We didn't play to our strength.  That's why I voted it was a coaching loss.

murray-vegas

Quote from: coolhandluke31 on March 18, 2006, 04:19:26 pm
I'm surprised there's only 70 votes so far... with the passionate debates on various threads, I thought there'd be many more voters.

70 votes and over 220 views.  that reminds me of something, Yeah the 3 pt. field goal percentage of the hogs this entire season

Reminded me of our free throw shooting in the 2nd half of games all year.

wupigsuey

I'm suprised it's so low on the putting it on the players....aren't they the ones pulling the trigger??? To win you have to score more points than the other team....It's not like we shot 75% FT's and 45% from the floor......just trying to be a realist....
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: murray-vegas on March 18, 2006, 07:54:09 pm
Quote from: coolhandluke31 on March 18, 2006, 04:19:26 pm

Reminded me of our free throw shooting in the 2nd half of games all year.

well that is very true Murray, but just still tired of this team jacking threes when nobody shoots above 35% save thomas

CalHog

March 18, 2006, 08:18:04 pm #30 Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 10:29:18 pm by CalHog
I voted the coaches.  They control who is on the floor and who is on the bench.  They also control practice.  I wonder if the practices go about the same as the game plan?

jabohog

I voted coaches. I don't know darn about basketball but I see repeated mistakes which usually means the coach's philosophy needs checking. Many of these threads have gone to a HDN/Heath comparison. I think that is apples to oranges, but I will say this, this reminds me of the 2003 year when egos on the team kept them from being great. That is the coaches fault. JMO

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: hogapalooza on March 18, 2006, 08:51:51 pm
We need a

VOTE Forum!

SMITE THIS!

will agree but this has to be one of the best polls in Hogville all around

arod2024

What about Vincent Hunter! He is the worst player we have, and he plays half of the [CENSORED] game. Whatever Heath and Townes have between them needs to get settled now. Townes didn't play nearly enough yesterday and he was doing well when he was in there. Hunter is a plague and if he wasn't from Little Rock he wouldn't be here. He belongs at Arkansas Tech maybe, and that is pushing it. We had big stretches with him and Dontell in there and I was about to break my T.V. and everything else in my living room!

HOGLIGULA

great comment about Hunter

+1 guy is funny as hell did you see the creep up at the end of the game

also welcome to Hogville

HOGLIGULA

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: hogapalooza on March 18, 2006, 10:04:49 pm
I wish we could bump it back down.....

SMITE THIS!

man you have to love that this is one post that all of Hogville can vote on,  and actually learn what the rest of the Hog nation really thinks which is very insightful

Ugly Uncle

I really like Stan Heath.  I really want to be on the wagon.  I really want to buy into his system.

However, I just saw some things this year and at the game Friday that I just can't get over.  Things I don't understand.

Lack of defense on the perimeter.  Lack of intensity.  Lack of movement in the offense.  Lack of execution on the whole.  Some things ARE the players fault.  But ultimately it is the coaches responsibility to teach them, then make sure they do those things.

We had much more talent than Bucknell.  Their offense was beautiful to watch.  Their defense was great.  They executed.  You could look at them and say, "that is a well coached team."

Remember, I said I like Heath, and want the best for him.  I hope he makes us a national power again...BUT, can you look at our team and say, "Now, there is a well coached team."?
Retired Radio Host

HOGLIGULA

I can live with that, i am not my normal critical self either

Just wonder what heath was thinking

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: hogapalooza on March 18, 2006, 10:23:54 pm
Quote from: coolhandluke31 on March 18, 2006, 10:13:26 pm
I can live with that, i am not my normal critical self either

Just wonder what heath was thinking
He was thinking........

I should NOT press and save the legs of the shooters.

and then I'll have them right where I want them.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

SMITE THIS!

that was great +1

HOGLIGULA

the most animated I have ever seen heath
calling for the old run and jump

Hogwild07

You need to change the ladt option to "Bucknell is a more lucky team" rather than "Bucknell is a better team".

Richard_white

How can you blame the players for Stan's mess.  Fouling 3 point shooters, not pressing more and not having a pure shooter isn't all (some to blame on a couple of players) of the players fault.  Stan is the one who recruited these guys and Stan is the one that suppose  to help PROGRESS these players.

WPS

lunchbox72703

players makin a comeback!!!!...this poll is more exciting than the Arkansas-Bucknell Game...LOL :)

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on March 19, 2006, 12:19:20 am
players makin a comeback!!!!...this poll is more exciting than the Arkansas-Bucknell Game...LOL :)

...and it's happening about as quickly as our motion offense moves!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Thanks for bumping it FlKeys..I would have missed it.

Coach Stan Heath.  I am so sick of this shiite.  I almost wish they would fire Nutt and Heath and hold a contest for the biggest a-hole s.o.b. coaches and bring them in.

They have no fire, no intensity, don't really seem to care.  Heath should have lost it at some point, just to do SOMETHING to change the whole feeling of that game.  Throw your tie, kick a chair, get in someone's face, DO SOMETHING!

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Richard_white

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 19, 2006, 01:04:58 am
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on March 19, 2006, 12:59:42 am
Thanks for bumping it FlKeys..I would have missed it.

Coach Stan Heath.  I am so sick of this shiite.  I almost wish they would fire Nutt and Heath and hold a contest for the biggest a-hole s.o.b. coaches and bring them in.

They have no fire, no intensity, don't really seem to care.  Heath should have lost it at some point, just to do SOMETHING to change the whole feeling of that game.  Throw your tie, kick a chair, get in someone's face, DO SOMETHING!

Notshavin...

I may not regularly reply to your posts, but I'm generally giving you a +1 every time I read one.  You've echoed many of my thoughts about both Heath and, especially, our "special" football coach.  Whutzup with our athletic program these days?  Being a member of the Foundation feels like paying taxes lately!

Well having HDN and Heath as our tax collector who wouldn't be pissed

Ugly Uncle

Someone mentioned that we are becoming the Vanderbilt of the west.   I disagree.  We are there already in Football and basketball.  Someone explain how people can justify what we have become?  How can you defend the people involved in this debacle?  How can we look away and make excuses?  The only thing I have heard is...well, Nolan is the one that really sunk us (in basketball), and "we are Arkansas, and we will never compete on a yearly basis in the SEC." (in football).

Satisfaction with the jobs these coaches have done = satisfaction with having a losing program (football) and mediocrity (basketball). 

When I say, "We are Arkansas" I don't mean that we can't do better...I mean "WE ARE ARKANSAS"  and we deserve better.  We have the money, the facilities, and the fan base to be a really good to great program in ALL  of our sports!

Rant over, just kind of snapped for a second.  Carry on.
Retired Radio Host

Woogie

First of all, my vote was for the coaches because of mishandling of personel.  On top of everything said about overplaying Dontell and V. Hunter, HE SHOULD HAVE LET MCCURDY RUN THE OFFENSE MORE!!!!!  He was obviously a spark off the bench most of the year but especially in the last half of the year.  How many minutes did he play on Friday? TWO!!!

McCurdy has shown a knack for finding open men and not being trigger happy when he brings the ball into the frontcourt.  Not to mention I think it would have been nice to see him at least try to defend the three which is more than I can for the remainder of the team on Friday. 

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Woogie on March 19, 2006, 01:54:16 am
First of all, my vote was for the coaches because of mishandling of personel.  On top of everything said about overplaying Dontell and V. Hunter, HE SHOULD HAVE LET MCCURDY RUN THE OFFENSE MORE!!!!!  He was obviously a spark off the bench most of the year but especially in the last half of the year.  How many minutes did he play on Friday? TWO!!!

McCurdy has shown a knack for finding open men and not being trigger happy when he brings the ball into the frontcourt.  Not to mention I think it would have been nice to see him at least try to defend the three which is more than I can for the remainder of the team on Friday. 

Heath seems to get too attached to his players.  That can affect a coach making the tough decisions.  I think he was too concerned with the fact that Ferguson and DJ were Seniors and this could be their last game.  Unbelievable. 

That is why right now I wish we had a big A-HOLE for a coach, someone who doesn't give a shiite about that and JUST WANTS TO WIN.

I am tired of the "family man", " a lotta class", "nice guy".  WE NEED AN A-HOLE THAT CAN COACH.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07