Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mustain and expectations

Started by HognotinMemphis, February 02, 2006, 02:54:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

I can practically guarantee that Mustain will never live up to the current hype while at U of A. He'll be a good one for sure but he is not going to be the savior many are talking about before he even puts on a chinstrap for the Hogs.

He'll be a Joe Johnson type - very good and gets his job done for the most part, but isn't going to win game for the Hogs single-handedly.

If the defensive line doesn't make major upgrades in the next year or two and if the offensive line cannot get SEC level depth, the HOgs will not make a push to the top of the SEC with Mustain. They may not see any 2-6's in conference with Mustain but the Hogs are not going to see any 6-2's or better with him either unless the lines are repaired quickly.

Note to Nutt: it's all about the linemen. Learn it, live it.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 02, 2006, 02:54:18 pm
I can practically guarantee that Mustain will never live up to the current hype while at U of A.

I have bookmarked this thread for future reference.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

_Collin1

I can practically guarantee that Mustain will never live up to the current hype while at U of A. He'll be a good one for sure but he is not going to be the savior many are talking about before he even puts on a chinstrap for the Hogs.

He'll be a Joe Johnson type - very good and gets his job done for the most part, but isn't going to win game for the Hogs single-handedly.

If the defensive line doesn't make major upgrades in the next year or two and if the offensive line cannot get SEC level depth, the HOgs will not make a push to the top of the SEC with Mustain. They may not see any 2-6's in conference with Mustain but the Hogs are not going to see any 6-2's or better with him either unless the lines are repaired quickly.

Dude, whats your problem?  I have been watching you for days post the most negative stuff on every subject that involves the UofA. 

Take a chill pill man.  Go sit in the sun, go get laid, go to Best Buy and talk to the guy in the wheelchair that doesnt really need it....  just go clear your mind and comeback strong as a Hog Fan buddy.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Deuce Pigelow

I don't know of anyone who has ever won a FOOTBALL game SINGLEHANDEDLY!!!!

Deuce Pigelow

Anyone who has a longhorn in their avatar CANNOT call themselves a hog fan

SultanofSwine

HiM, you certainly are getting some humorous replies here lately.

D-macs cuz

Maybe mustain won't win any BCS right away but he could be a player that puts a program back on the map..aka Ricky Williams.  I'm not expecting to win a NC but redshirt a player of that potential can help you land the depth that your wanting to build with.  Something we haven't had a lot of but that is how it starts.

HawgLover08

How can you already be saying this. How about you be a little more optimistic, and not already declare Mustain a bust.

pfrg999

Put some Money on it Give a Guarantee.... $1000, $2000 c'mon Horn Blower...
Why we we NOT supposed to Recruit the Springdale Kids.... Still have Never answered that one!

I of course think you are a Texass worm... and should go to Tuck Fexas boards to spew your Prodigious Drivel but yet you stay and try to  enlighten us with your (98%) crap overview of a university that you neither support nor have to much knowledge of.  Lets see  How do you come by your vast knowledge of the Razorback Program.... Talk to the Players Huh  Coaches Huh Staff Huh  On campus Much? How many games go you go to.... Did you go to school there... C'mon oh Donghorn Blower... Tell us you Great and vast knowledge.... You are like the Wizard of Oz... Some big Bluster and pull back the curtain... nothing but a Gimpy old POS, who doesn't know Jack... Sad really

You put people down when you cannot deal with the facts....
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Lando Calrissian

People, add this link into your favorites.

It will be fun to revisit HiM's statement in 2 or 3 years.

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

SultanofSwine

His comments had nothing to do with Mustain being or not being a bust. A QB's success is directly correlated to the quality of the OL, PERIOD. He may be the next Joe Montana but what good will it do if he is on his backside half the time?

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: SultanofSwine on February 02, 2006, 03:03:10 pm
His comments had nothing to do with Mustain being or not being a bust. A QB's success is directly correlated to the quality of the OL, PERIOD. He may be the next Joe Montana but what good will it do if he is on his backside half the time?

I seem to remember Darren McFadden and Felix Jones having some success running the ball last season.

It was all we had, but they could still get yards.

Somebody was blocking for them.

D-macs cuz

Wait, so you live in memphis, follow the hogs, and cheer for the Longhorns...Let me guess, favorite teams...spurs, yankees, redwings, and have always been a fan of Kobe.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: D-macs cuz on February 02, 2006, 03:00:12 pm
Maybe mustain won't win any BCS right away but he could be a player that puts a program back on the map..aka Ricky Williams.  I'm not expecting to win a NC but redshirt a player of that potential can help you land the depth that your wanting to build with.  Something we haven't had a lot of but that is how it starts.

Ricky Williams played at Texas....Arkanas ain't Texas and never will be, not even for a little bit. Texas had the O line to support him and much depth. They also had a D line and a kicker and a punter that won field position. The Hogs don't have any of those things right now and haven't since '99. It's not going to change in one or even two seasons. I don't think Nutt could change it in 10 seasons.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HawgLover08 on February 02, 2006, 03:00:35 pm
How can you already be saying this. How about you be a little more optimistic, and not already declare Mustain a bust.

Read for understanding, not just to move your eyes left to right. I did not say Mustain would be a bust. Re-read my post.

FLKeysGuy

His comments had nothing to do with Mustain being or not being a bust.

Perhaps the thread shouldn't be titled "Mustain and expectataions" if that's the case.

_Collin1

Ask Jay Cutler...  he proved you can throw off your backfoot for 4 years.  Killed us doing it too.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on February 02, 2006, 03:01:51 pm

Yes it will be. This happened back in '98 when I said Nolan was crazy and a racist and he should be fired. Many said he would never be fired and that he should never be fired. I was right then and I am right now. See my sig line.

D-macs cuz

wow, you know what, that is so right. man you need your own sports show.  That's great thanks for the input, 'cuz i ain't real suer that texa is waz that good

SultanofSwine

Since when does decent run blocking equate to adequate pass blocking? We haven't seen good pass blocking in what 6 maybe 7 years? In that time how would you rate the passing success of the true drop back passers we have tried to use? I am not talking about completion rates or ability to throw the ball either because Mitch is clearly more talented than we have had. I am talking about staying upright.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on February 02, 2006, 03:05:40 pm

I seem to remember Darren McFadden and Felix Jones having some success running the ball last season.

I think they have to be good pass blockers in the SEC as well as good run blockers or else the defense loads the box and stops the run. That's why the Hogs were 2-6 in the SEC and lost at home to Vandy. Remember that?

_Collin1

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 02, 2006, 03:07:39 pm

Ricky Williams played at Texas....Arkanas ain't Texas and never will be, not even for a little bit. Texas had the O line to support him and much depth. They also had a D line and a kicker and a punter that won field position. The Hogs don't have any of those things right now and haven't since '99. It's not going to change in one or even two seasons. I don't think Nutt could change it in 10 seasons.

You are right, we arent Arkansas... we have better coaching.  Yep I said it and I dont even like Nutt.

I went to the o3 A$$ KICKING that was Arkansas over Texas in Austin.  As I sat on 6th street drinking all night, all i heard from the Texas fan base was "We hate Mack Brown, fire Mack Brown"...

_Collin1

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 02, 2006, 03:09:38 pm

Yes it will be. This happened back in '98 when I said Nolan was crazy and a racist and he should be fired. Many said he would never be fired and that he should never be fired. I was right then and I am right now. See my sig line.

In Fall of 77 I said we would go to the final four.

In 64 I said we would beat Nebraska in the Cotton Bowl.

When we went to Tennessee in 98 I knew we would lose.

In 1995 I knew the OBannons would kill us in the NCAA Final.

Mark my words.

I love people that say they said stuff years after it happened.

razorback3072

He's already started being the savior of the program just by re-committing to the Hogs. Look at the recruits that immediately started committing and changing commitments after he re-committed not to mention the excitement that has been brought back to Razorback Football.    You don't think he will have any effect on next year's recruiting class also, whether he plays this year or not?  He may not win the Heisman or get us to Multiple BCS title games/bowls, but he will definitely help the Hogs get back to a winning tradition. 
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

JJHog

Welcome back, sunshine.
" Think Right, Do Right"

pfrg999

Were did you say that at... I would like to see the quote... where...c'mon... Yes I said back in 2000 that the Seahawks would be in the Super Bowl what a joke... What other predictions have you made Kreskin... let's here them

I of course think you are a Texass worm... and should go to Tuck Fexas boards to spew your Prodigious Drivel but yet you stay and try to  enlighten us with your (98%) crap overview of a university that you neither support nor have to much knowledge of.  Lets see  How do you come by your vast knowledge of the Razorback Program.... Talk to the Players.. Huh, oh then Coaches Hummm, Then Staff maybe well heck, Are You On campus Much? How many games go you go to.... Did you go to school there... C'mon oh Donghorn Blower... Tell us you Great and vast knowledge.... You are like the Wizard of Oz... Some big Bluster and pull back the curtain... nothing but a Gimpy old POS, who doesn't know Jack... Sad really

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: HoginMemphisThat's why the Hogs were 2-6 in the SEC and lost at home to Vandy. Remember that?

I remember it all too well.

I thought that was the beginning of the end for me as a Razorback football fan.

Recent changes (in the past 2 months or so) have changed that mindset.

D-macs cuz

Texas fans are the worst bandwagon fans in the nation...mack gets hammered on every local media station, talking about how they play in a slipping big-12, and still couldn't win the big game when you have the BEST talent in the nation in your backyard...look at you. win a nc and you bleed burnt orange, you were just like every other fan in texas who do we root for since texas will fall apart again?

_Collin1

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 02, 2006, 03:10:47 pm
Quote from: Lando Calrissian on February 02, 2006, 03:05:40 pm

I think they have to be good pass blockers in the SEC as well as good run blockers or else the defense loads the box and stops the run. That's why the Hogs were 2-6 in the SEC and lost at home to Vandy. Remember that?

Since the turn of the decade......

OU 5 b!tch slaps vs 1 win for Texas

Arkansas 2 b!tch slaps vs 2 point Texas win

Short term memory?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BigC51 on February 02, 2006, 03:13:38 pm

Mark my words.

What I said in '98 is documented. Just ask any of about 2,000 posters on the old Pigpen. Your predictions are just your fantasy.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: razorback3072 on February 02, 2006, 03:13:39 pm

He's already started being the savior of the program just by re-committing to the Hogs. Look at the recruits that immediately started committing and changing commitments after he re-committed not to mention the excitement that has been brought back to Razorback Football.    You don't think he will have any effect on next year's recruiting class also, whether he plays this year or not?  He may not win the Heisman or get us to Multiple BCS title games/bowls, but he will definitely help the Hogs get back to a winning tradition. 

I hope you're right.

hogoh

Lando Calrissian

I predicted that we'd lose at Kentucky last weekend so that makes everything I say right.

_Collin1

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 02, 2006, 03:16:32 pm

Mark my words.

What I said in '98 is documented. Just ask any of about 2,000 posters on the old Pigpen. Your predictions are just your fantasy.

I'll round up 80,000 hog fans that think your an a$$hole, would that prove your an a$$hole?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on February 02, 2006, 03:14:33 pm
Quote from: HoginMemphisThat's why the Hogs were 2-6 in the SEC and lost at home to Vandy. Remember that?

Then you're a glutton for punishment. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Nutt isn't going to continue fooling me...setting me up for extreme disappointment. I dropped my 6 season tickets to both Fay and LR games after the '02 season and I've never regretted it as the product on the field in the subsequent 3 seasons has been worse each year.

_Collin1

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 02, 2006, 03:19:18 pm

Then you're a glutton for punishment. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Nutt isn't going to continue fooling me...setting me up for extreme disappointment. I dropped my 6 season tickets to both Fay and LR games after the '02 season and I've never regretted it as the product on the field in the subsequent 3 seasons has been worse each year.

If you live in Memphis why dont you just start going to their games?  Or drive down to Oxford.  There is a recruiting class you can call crap too....

pfrg999

Mark my words.

So is your "rooting" For the Hogs.... HornBlower Let's see it in Black and White... and Tell us once and for all like your thread said will we were recuiting in Springdale

Tell Us were we not supposed to recruit them ???

I of course think you are a Texass worm... and should go to Tuck Fexas boards to spew your Prodigious Drivel but yet you stay and try to  enlighten us with your (98%) crap overview of a university that you neither support nor have to much knowledge of.  Lets see  How do you come by your vast knowledge of the Razorback Program.... Talk to the Players.. Huh, oh then Coaches Hummm, Then Staff maybe well heck, Are You On campus Much? How many games go you go to.... Did you go to school there... C'mon oh Donghorn Blower... Tell us you Great and vast knowledge.... You are like the Wizard of Oz... Some big Bluster and pull back the curtain... nothing but a Gimpy old POS, who doesn't know Jack... Sad really

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BigC51 on February 02, 2006, 03:18:06 pm

Mark my words.

I'll round up 80,000 hog fans that think your an a$$hole, would that prove your an a$$hole?

Why, yes...yes, I think it would.

tbhogfan

Arkanas ain't Texas and never will be, not even for a little bit.

Which would explain your losing record against Houston Nutt. 
Go Hogs!

pfrg999

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 02, 2006, 03:20:29 pm
Quote from: BigC51 on February 02, 2006, 03:18:06 pm

Mark my words.

Why, yes...yes, I think it would.

Your now a running Joke, Hornblower

RazorHawg16

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dude if you hate us so bad go somewhere else! Go back to Texas and wear all the burnt orange you want and cry about VY leaving! Only one thing I hate worse then Texas and thats people that like Texas!

hogwild84

Here's the deal....you aren't ranked the #1 or 2 passing recruit in the nation and  the parade football player of the year for no reason.  You have to be the balls.  Look at those who have garnished POY in the past. Most every one of them is playing in the NFL or will be.  Are people really stupid enough to believe this guy is not a good as advertised? I gurantee you just looking at HS clips, NFL teams would be willing to take a chance on this guy 3 years to the date he puts on a Razorback uniform.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BigC51 on February 02, 2006, 03:20:16 pm

If you live in Memphis why dont you just start going to their games?  Or drive down to Oxford.  There is a recruiting class you can call crap too....

I do go to Memphis games. Just went to see them play basketball last Saturday in the  FedEx Forum. They normally don't lose there, unlike the Hogs at BWA over the past 6 or 7 years. They blasted UCF by 34. It was a great atmosphere and the forum was rocking. And I go to Memphis Grizzlies games too but they are on a bit of a bad streak of late but still have a winning record. And the U of Memphis football games are fun too. You know, they've gone to a bowl game 3 years in a row and won two of them! And the RB they had for the last 4 years ( you know the guy..he said "NO" to Nutt) put on a show almost every game. It's been great here and thanks for the suggestions but i am already ahead of you on that.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on February 02, 2006, 03:22:03 pm

[/quote]

Dude if you hate us so bad go somewhere else! Go back to Texas and wear all the burnt orange you want and cry about VY leaving! Only one thing I hate worse then Texas and thats people that like Texas!
[/quote]

Don't let HSV see you type that!

wildhogman

How was your D-line,O-line,kicker,punter in the cotton bowl? in 2003? in 2004?
I pray to god Ark is never like texas, because that would make the fans like texas fans, and we all know how they are.
Ark=gods country
texas=needs a good enema

pfrg999

;D Horn Blower... You never had season Tickets... 1) couldn't afford them...2) your NOT an Arkansas Fan... what a joke... Ha Ha HA ... You never had ...Hah hah Season Tickets... Oh god that is funny... C'mon Blower tell another

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on February 02, 2006, 02:56:11 pm
I can practically guarantee that Mustain will never live up to the current hype while at U of A.

I have bookmarked this thread for future reference.

You might want to add the below -

HoginMemphis

QuoteLet me make another prediction...Hogs go back to not being able to beat Ole Miss again this year.  0-2 vs. Ole Miss this year.

QuoteBy 12. Won't be close in the last 10 min. of the game.

Can Stan say, "0-3"? I know he can...it's familiar to him.

QuoteLonghorns did it.  Awesome display of team effort. 

QuoteI am pulling forthe Horns like no other Hog fan is. However, I think USC wins the game by 14.

QuoteAnd you can take it to the bank that Mustain is not coming. Again, classic Nutt.

QuoteAre you guys kidding? No one is going to miss Pryor. He's 65 and hasn't done anything in the last 10 or more years...much like Frank Broyles.  No one under the age of 30 even knows who Pryor is.

QuoteIf I were Mustain's Faja, I would tell hiim to try to get a scholie to ND...a better team and a better degree. But that's just me. Good luck to the young man.

QuoteI posted a week or two ago that Mustain may head down to Fla along with Williams and several acted like I was crazy. 

No shock that he's looking at programs and/or coaches who are proven entities - Urban Meyer, Spurrier, and storied football program of ND and its very successful new head coach.

No way Nutt and U of A beat out all 3 of these programs and coaches for Mustain. NO way.

QuoteI have been to 1 game in the last two seasons and did not attend a game this season.

QuoteThat is, I've said Mustain should go somewhere else if Nutt is the HC at Ark. Mustain won't have a good collegiate football career at U of A if Nutt is the HC. Period.

Mitch, you seem very savvy for an 18 yr. old. You are playing the game well - Commit early so that your senior football season won't be a living hell then when the season is over, de-commit and take the best offer. I think you are looking at the right situation for you at ND with the HC in place there. Good luck.

QuoteA lot of you talk the talk but you can't even begin to walk the walk. I dropped my 6 season tickets in LR and RRS after the '02 season. I'd had enough by then. Rest of you still have them and only a handful of us have not renewed tickets and stopped donations to the RF.

QuoteThere's an admin whose board name is "LSUFan". If he can be that, I can have an avatar of a winning team that I appreciate for their excellence.

QuoteI never used whatever powers a moderator has. It was you all who were hung up on me being a mod. Deal with it, loser.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pfrg999

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 02, 2006, 03:23:35 pm
Quote from: BigC51 on February 02, 2006, 03:20:16 pm

I do go to Memphis games. Just went to see them play basketball last Saturday in the  FedEx Forum. They normally don't lose there, unlike the Hogs at BWA over the past 6 or 7 years. They blasted UCF by 34. It was a great atmosphere and the forum was rocking. And I go to Memphis Grizzlies games too but they are on a bit of a bad streak of late but still have a winning record. And the U of Memphis football games are fun too. You know, they've gone to a bowl game 3 years in a row and won two of them! And the RB they had for the last 4 years ( you know the guy..he said "NO" to Nutt) put on a show almost every game. It's been great here and thanks for the suggestions but i am already ahead of you on that.

You are so Full of Shiite... and you Hog Games... Never Been To BWA or RRS... God you lie when the truth would sound better Blower
;D   

pfrg999

Stewie That is Great... he is always wrong ;D

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 02, 2006, 03:25:22 pm

;D Horn Blower... You never had season Tickets... 1) couldn't afford them...2) your NOT an Arkansas Fan... what a joke... Ha Ha HA ... You never had ...Hah hah Season Tickets... Oh god that is funny... C'mon Blower tell another

How's your Hummer running today? Are you busy as a VP at your Large Corp. you work for? You sure do have a lot of spare time to reply to all my posts each day. Or are you on vacation this week from your executive position at Large Corp?