Gator Fans VERY worried about losing Damian Williams

Started by Doug, January 30, 2006, 03:29:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Lanny

I can understand their frustration, same way I felt back in August.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

pig-a-riffic

I think how they feel shows just how good DW REALLY is.  

firecampbell

Quote from: hSv on January 30, 2006, 03:30:35 pm
I can understand their frustration, same way I felt back in August.

I agree, everyone would get upset on loosing someone like DW. 

firecampbell

I want to know who that bad girl is on the first post....grrrr

Hogs4Ever

No one likes losing a obvious playmaker.  We felt the same way in December about Mitch.

They're loading up on talent this year so they shouldn't worry too much.

CiriusPorker

what happened to thier class?  now they're making it personal against damian?  when they were still confident.  everyone noticed how "classy" they were, now they're losing someone to us, they are losing their class.

pig-a-riffic

CiriusPorker

Quote from: pig-a-riffic on January 30, 2006, 03:46:09 pm
Kind of like many were here with MM. 

exactly..
i'm not saying we're above that
..i'm just saying they're not..+1 Karma for you!

J.A.Y.

I can see why they are pissed, DW is a instant playmaker. No one wants to lose a talent like him to anyone. I am just glad that our class is finally filling out, I could care less about theirs!!!
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

HogISH™

what a crap board... have to scroll left to right to read the post.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

firecampbell

Check out this quote, do we even need to say how inappropriate this is and how out of line as a human being this is....
http://www.gatorsportsforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=127635&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25
"Of course the local pressure got to him. I live in Arkansas, I know. Hogs fans are crazy, and you should of been down here when he committed to Florida. People called up on radio, calling him and his family some very inappropriate names. He probably felt if he didn't decommit to Florida, they would lynch him."

Regards from:  HeyIt'sMe
Senior Gator

firecampbell

PigtoriasSecret

They sound less worried and more like bad sports to me.
Facts are stubborn things.

No matter how good you think your coach is there is always someone thrilled to be rid of him.

killa3312

No offense to Hog fans, but they have some bad apples as well. Don't judge a fanbase on a few select fans.

BTW, I'm the Gator 'source' that said Damian had told coach Meyer he was going to Arkansas. Nice to meet you guys.

HogsFan66

They seemed to have lost A LOT of the so-called-class they were showing earlier when they thought it was a "done deal" on him going to UF.

Of course we would be mad to if we lost TWO big time WR's in one class. Don't forget it appears as though the McDaniels kid de-commited and is switching to FSU! Rivals actually had him rated ahead of DW. Of course, not by our account......DW is "THE MAN". They can have thier Percy Harvin or who ever......we'll take our DW and be VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GUS BUS KEEPS PICKING UP STEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be unstoppable before long!

TOUCHDOWN ARKANSAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go ahead and call it tonight at 10 Paul. Come on....ya gotta...... and ya know you wanta!!!!!

Hogeye_Pierce

Man! They are having a major league whine-fest over there. Maybe we should give them some cheese to go with their whine. Callin' us every name in the book right now. Must be something to all this.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

killa3312

Arkansas fans were doing the same thing when D-Will committed to UF. Again, not all UF fans are bad. Of course we are little pissed off right now, Williams is a great talent, but that happens anytime a big time play decommits. What most are upset about is the timing, because now the Gators don't have a scholarship open for another potential recruit. Congrats, he's a heck of a player, and classy to boot.

firecampbell

Find a thread
Quote from: killa3312 on January 30, 2006, 04:02:13 pm
Arkansas fans were doing the same thing when D-Will committed to UF. Again, not all UF fans are bad. Of course we are little pissed off right now, Williams is a great talent, but that happens anytime a big time play decommits. What most are upset about is the timing, because now the Gators don't have a scholarship open for another potential recruit. Congrats, he's a heck of a player, and classy to boot.

Hawgin84

killa3312

www.florida.rivals.com

Help yourself.

Of course, nobody will be able to find threads that date back months ago.

Doug

I have just commented on the Swamp's forums.  As killa said, most of the Gator fans are actually pretty decent (you have to look no further than our very own NCGatorBait to see the classiness of their fans), so give them a bit of slack.  DW was a solid commit to them, they're bound to be upset.  We did absolutely the same thing with Mitch when he decommited, there really isn't any difference between the two situations.

http://www.gatorsportsforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=127725 for my reply.
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Boared

Quote from: firecampbell on January 30, 2006, 04:04:26 pm

Find a thread
Quote from: killa3312 on January 30, 2006, 04:02:13 pm

Dude, he's not talking smack. It is true about some of our fans. Have you seen the idiotic attempts at smack talk by some Hog fans on the other teams' Rivals/Scout boards? I read his posts on WP and invited him to post here as I think it's great that we have fans from other schools represented.

Doug

January 30, 2006, 04:18:25 pm #23 Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 04:25:20 pm by Douglas
Every college has fans that are absolutely classy.  Every college has fans that are absolute morons.  It's up to each colleg's classy and intelligent fans to drown out  the moronic ones that shouldn't even be online.  :D

Amending my post a bit... Gator fans are definitely not happy as to how this was handled, since it's being done in the dead period.  I kinda can't blame them for that, however, it is what it is.
--Doug

D-macs cuz

Yeah, shake it off bro. It's cool--unfortunately some people take things too far but don't judge their whole fan base by one jerk.

pfrg999

They are pissed but the lynching remark was WAY out of bounds....  If they want to talk about new cars ...talk to Rajon Rondo.. and the ex-kentucky player giving him the car...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

pfrg999

Calling him a liar... That guy... Pretty classy....But who cares...  4 out of 5 Springdale Bulldogs choose Arkansas over Florida, ND and everyone else for their Patients Who love football ...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

cobbshogs