Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deer meat

Started by pikehog, January 18, 2006, 12:10:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pikehog

I have some deer meat (steaks, tenderloin and ground) anyone have any good receipes they want to share?

T-hawg

I have a lot of great ones. What you need to do is send me all the meat and I can show you the dishes I prepared with the meat.

;D
I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

johnny cash

Just take your crock pot, cut up some round steak,  put in a can of cream of mushroom and a can of cream of chicken maybe some onion. let it cook on low for eight or so hours and eat over rice.

Arkapigdiesel

You effers don't know how to cook deer meat.

First of all deer meat is best fried up, period.  I would suggest an electric skillet already pre-heated at 300 degrees.  The meat will be better if slow cooked versus dropping it in a deep fryer.

Alright, before you do anything let the meat bleed out overnight in salt water to remove the gamey taste.  Cut the meat into manageable pieces that you will fry up.  Get a tenderizing hammer thing and beat the hell out of it so it will be nice and tender.

Get a bowl out and scramble some eggs.  In a separate bowl pour some flour in w/Tony Chaceroe's (I screwed that up), and whatever seasoning you prefer.

Alright, grab your meat (the deer meat, heh heh) and dip it in the egg, then cover it with the flour mixture.  Drop as many pieces as you can in the electric skillet and fry 'em up.  Cook all the meat and come back on here and tell me how good it was.

Glad I could be of assistance ;D
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Lando Calrissian

Fried is the only way to go.

Do everything PBD said, and you'll be loving yourself some fried deer steak.

I like mine with sour cream mashed potatos and brocolli & cheese.

:)
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Mr. Hogback075

ok so this isn't the food network here.  personally, i like my deermeat "redneck" style as the previous poster put it.  hey, it's DEERMEAT.  gotta be fried.  another way to do iit is to make a beer batter and dip it and fry it.  this batter is also good for rabbit meat.  flour.  lots of seasoned salt, garlic, salt, pepper,and any other spices you like.  pour beer and mix......drink large gulp.........if batter is too thick......and if you have any beer left in the can.......just add more.   

hog caller

slice into thin steaks douce them with rasorback seasoning and drag them throgh flour and fry in a skillet.  yum, dear camp or home.

TechHawg

Nothing in the world as good as fried deer tenderloin, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and gravy.

Arkapigdiesel

May 05, 2006, 09:33:38 pm #8 Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 09:37:07 pm by PBD
Quote from: LuvvintheHogs on May 05, 2006, 07:43:35 pm
I don't get it.  I've had as much fried venison as any of you, and cannot fathom why anyone in their right mind would take a juicy backstrap and fry it.

That's madness, you bunch of rednecks.
You eat it your way and we will eat it how we like it jack ass.  Don't come on here and start insulting people.  We give our recipe, and you give yours.  Just because someone doesn't share your same taste in deer meat doesn't give you the right to tell them that they are wrong and call them names.

pioneerhog

May 06, 2006, 11:27:17 am #9 Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:12:08 pm by PBD
Quote from: PBD on May 05, 2006, 09:33:38 pm
I don't get it.  I've had as much fried venison as any of you, and cannot fathom why anyone in their right mind would take a juicy backstrap and fry it.

You eat it your way and we will eat it how we like it jack ass.  Don't come on here and start insulting people.  We give our recipe, and you give yours.  Just because someone doesn't share your same taste in deer meat doesn't give you the right to tell them that they are wrong and call them names.
I gotta agree with PBD here. No reason to be insulting someone. PBD what are some seasonings you, or anyone else for that matter, might recommend. I know the whole egg and flour routine and it is fine I am just looking for some different ways to fry up some tenderloin. Maybe just maybe I could find someway to cook where my wife will like deer meat. She doesn't mind it ground up but she will not eat any kind of steak. Also I have cooked very little deer meat in my time so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: pioneerhog on May 06, 2006, 11:27:17 am

I gotta agree with PBD here. No reason to be insulting someone. PBD what are some seasonings you, or anyone else for that matter, might recommend. I know the whole egg and flour routine and it is fine I am just looking for some different ways to fry up some tenderloin. Maybe just maybe I could find someway to cook where my wife will like deer meat. She doesn't mind it ground up but she will not eat any kind of steak. Also I have cooked very little deer meat in my time so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
A ton of Tony Chachere's.  I put enough TC in with the flour to give the flour a red tint.

pioneerhog

Quote from: PBD on May 06, 2006, 12:12:31 pm
Quote from: pioneerhog on May 06, 2006, 11:27:17 am

A ton of Tony Chachere's.  I put enough TC in with the flour to give the flour a red tint.
I'll have to see if I can find some. I noticed the other day that the local wal-mart had started saleing Tony Chachere's gumbo jumbalya and stuff like that so they might have the seasoning too.

Snort and Squeal

Another good and easy way:

Put small amount of vegtable oil in skillet (just coat the bottom)
Salt and pepper deer meat steaks
Sear in skillet till done (without Flour)

Eat this way or you can sear each side for about 30 seconds and put into a crock pot with mushroom soup for 2-3 hours. 
Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

RebelliousHog

Throw it on a pile of buring tires and go buy some BEEF. LOL
I'm not anti-hunting, just detest deer meat. Duck ,too.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Juboar

Backstrap/tenderloin-  Cut into 3/4 inch fillets.  A splash of Dales seasoning or worcestershire.  Do not marinate long (a few minutes).  Salt/pepper.   On a Hot charcoal grill sear each side until Medium rare.
I overcooked venison steaks for years and dried them out.  Give it a try you wont be disappointed.

Cresthog

soak your meat in beer. Then fry the hell outta it.

DOGALUM

I prefer mine raw.   Straight out of the deer. 

This method doesn't go over good with those who don't like the "wild" taste.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Big Papa Satan

Tenderized with a butcher knife, battered, fried in a skillet, and served with mashed taters and gravy is the only way to go.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: maintube on May 07, 2006, 09:23:25 amjust detest deer meat. Duck ,too.

You ain't right.

There's not a lot of things better than duck and scratch dumplings.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I like my deer meat raw, on a sushi roll, with lots of wasabe.

But I am old school like that.

Boobies.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Mr. Hogback075

right on there...

you can tell who us "rednecks" are cuz we don't call it..."fried venison".........we just call it deermeat. LOL

Lando Calrissian

Fried is the ONLY way to eat deer meat as far as I'm concerned (I'll make an exception for deer jerky, of course).

Fried deer meat, mashed potatos, and broccolli & cheese...

Damn, I'm hungry.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Arkapigdiesel

Guess what I ate last night?......Deer meat FRIED, garlic mashed potatoes, carrots, and cornbread.  Boy, I tell ya what...

TechHawg

Well I guess I'm as redneck as they come then.  I go out and shoot a deer myself and I prefer the meat fried. We are in the south.  Go back to New York, preppy.

hawgdaddy306

Quote from: PBD on January 30, 2006, 08:05:43 pm
You effers don't know how to cook deer meat.

First of all deer meat is best fried up, period.  I would suggest an electric skillet already pre-heated at 300 degrees.  The meat will be better if slow cooked versus dropping it in a deep fryer.

Alright, before you do anything let the meat bleed out overnight in salt water to remove the gamey taste.  Cut the meat into manageable pieces that you will fry up.  Get a tenderizing hammer thing and beat the hell out of it so it will be nice and tender.

Get a bowl out and scramble some eggs.  In a separate bowl pour some flour in w/Tony Chaceroe's (I screwed that up), and whatever seasoning you prefer.

Alright, grab your meat (the deer meat, heh heh) and dip it in the egg, then cover it with the flour mixture.  Drop as many pieces as you can in the electric skillet and fry 'em up.  Cook all the meat and come back on here and tell me how good it was.

Glad I could be of assistance ;D
Flour, course ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. 

spot on with everything else. 
Use the grease and drippins to make a pan of flour gravy.   Put it over mashed potatoes, make a pan of biscuits.
Eat till your miserable. 
With the hiring of Bobby Petrino, the National Championship  project is already showing signs of improvement and will soon be back on schedule.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Cresthog on May 07, 2006, 12:00:00 pm
soak your meat in beer. Then fry the hell outta it.

Yes and add salt pepper and a good dash of meat tendorizer.  Soak over nite and then dip in egg  rollin seasoned flour and frie in a big black iron skillett until done  serve with mashed tators and green beans and don't forget the SWEET TEA!  I am a tee tolder  :)I use beer for cooking not drinking!  ;D so give me a can and you can have the other 5.  ;)
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.