Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where's Jim Lindsey on this deal.....

Started by Tusks, December 19, 2006, 07:09:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

December 19, 2006, 07:09:40 pm Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 07:33:16 pm by nutted
He pulled HDN off the plane and then made sure HDN got his 2 year pass.  Then after the bad 2 years Jim was the one that pushed Gus into the OC and probably the one that made the promises to Gus that he could promise the Springdale players Gus would have control.  Jim is the one that thinks Gus is an offensive genius and followed the Springdale games from the sidelines.  I really felt based on the reports by some of the insiders that the only reason Gus was the OC was because of Jim. Jim is also the one that saved JFB job when White went after JFB.

So Jim has saved JFB job, HDN job and insured Gus as the OC and now 2 of the guys he backed have basically stuck their thumb in JL eye and said frick off.

How does he feel about what's gone down?  He's the one that leads the BOT so I don't think he's a dude you'd want to make mad.

Has he lost his power or does he agree?  I don't get it?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

pigmania

I say fire every damn one of them except for Gus.

Tusks

I know there's a few posters that know JL and that know BOT members and I haven't heard a peep from any of them about JL thoughts or position on anything. 

He's the man that put all this together and it's odd how nothing is coming from his camp.

Richard_white

December 19, 2006, 07:36:36 pm #3 Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 07:38:25 pm by Richard_white
Gus will be here next year with or without Golden Boy.

Who knows, maybe we will see a new HC by the name of Gus Malzahn.

Tusks

Quote from: Richard_white on December 19, 2006, 07:36:36 pm

After that, who knows, maybe we will see a new HC by the name of Gus Malzahn.

Well to see a new HC by the name of GM you're going to have to get a new AD that's NOT named JFB.

Is that's what's brewing....JL does a clean sweep to both of them?  I just don't see it.  Not that JL can't DO it....I just don't see it.

Swynler Durden

From my understanding, JFB made it perfectly clear that if anyone wanted their dirty laundry aired for all the world to see, coming after his job would be the quickest way to do it.

Tusks

Quote from: Swynler Durden on December 19, 2006, 07:46:49 pm
From my understanding, JFB made it perfectly clear that if anyone wanted their dirty laundry aired for all the world to see, coming after his job would be the quickest way to do it.

He can't do that to JL.  JL saved JFB BUTT and kept JFB in the AD position pure and simple.

Swynler Durden

December 19, 2006, 07:52:06 pm #7 Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 08:17:31 pm by Swynler Durden
Quote from: nutted on December 19, 2006, 07:49:02 pm

He can't do that to JL.  JL saved JFB BUTT and kept JFB in the AD position pure and simple.
With all due respect, yes he can. JFB has been around long enough and knows where the bodies are buried (he probably buried several of them himself). If he wants to out someones dirty little secrets, he can. Whether he owes that person or not, if he has that leverage it would be unwise to assume he would not use it.

Oliverhogman

Let Frank use what he wants to use.
Most fans have come to the conclusion that he has Alzheimer's anyway.  So who would REALLY listen to the old goat?

Southerneyes

Georgia ran off Vince Dooley why can't we run off Frank??............Vince was a legend, so Frank can be run off.........

Razerburn

JFB is just waiting around here until there is a AD opening at Hell tech or Heaven U. ;D
Wow.......Just Wow!

A great line from Mike Terico's Show "The NFL is just a stepping stone to the SEC".

jabohog

JFB has pictures of JL with some of Tyson's chickens! ;D ;D j/k  Look, what do you guys want. We won ten games, we have a West championship, although LSU fans say it is pointless. This is the best that has been done since we have been in the SEC. You can't expect a high roller to feel like it has all going bad these last two games. These guys seem to lay back and wait for a mistake that will be the end all. HDN is a master at not getting caught at this or at being able to blame someone else.  Be patient, all is not forgiven.

Archie Gaines

Quote from: Richard_white on December 19, 2006, 07:36:36 pm

Who knows, maybe we will see a new HC by the name of Gus Malzahn.

Something to hope for...!!

I've worked in Defense and at large corporations for
many years after getting MBA at this university, But...
this whole athletic dept management/power trip just
totally messes with my understanding of leadership.

Will Uncle Frank, at 82 years old, ever stop the
gamesmanship and weird mind-delusions ??

No... I reckon not.  the Minotaur in the labyrinth lives on..
the bodies pile up... who knows what he knows.

Sorry 'bout that, JL... got carried away, I guess.

:razorback:
"No man who is corrupt,  no man who condones corruption in others,  can possibly do his duty in the community... "

Teddy Roosevelt  -  May 12, 1900

SteelShot

Quote from: nutted on December 19, 2006, 07:32:12 pm
I know there's a few posters that know JL and that know BOT members and I haven't heard a peep from any of them about JL thoughts or position on anything. 

He's the man that put all this together and it's odd how nothing is coming from his camp.

From what I have gotten, Jim allegiances lie with JFB.  Yes he saved JFB from White. I don't know for sure if he thinks Gus is a goo-roo so much as at the point last year with everything that was on the line with recruiting and the fan base (remember Gus is the man in NWA), Gus was the hire, more from a PR standpoint than anything. You have to remember that Jim is a saleman first and foremost.

However, to Jim, JFB is a god and he will not turn his back on him.  At the end of the day, it all comes down to power.  As long as Nutt is at the helm, Jim calls the shots.  Just like if Davis was at the helm, Tyson would call the shots. Something very big would have to happen for Jim to get out of Nutt's and Frank's corner.   
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

Razerburn

Something big like what?
Perhaps 1 of your 5 star recruits leaving?
Never winning an SEC championship?

Wow.......Just Wow!

A great line from Mike Terico's Show "The NFL is just a stepping stone to the SEC".

WilsonHog

December 19, 2006, 10:34:59 pm #15 Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 10:36:34 pm by WilsonHog
The sad part is that the initial question is a legitimate one to ask.

Think about it. No one is asking much about what JFB's, John White's, or Alan Sugg's position is. It's all about what Jim Lindsey's position is. Whocares what the AD, the University Chancellor, or the University President think. What does the real estate tycoon have to say?

About three years ago everyone was ridiculing Bobby Lowder from Auburn.

I don't see that much difference between Lowder and Lindsey. We may live to regret that.

bhuie

Quote from: Razerburn on December 19, 2006, 10:10:58 pm
Something big like what?

Obviously NOT big enough...

Dugann

i want frankie gone said it for long time but i could very well see him using dirty laundry as leverage... good thoughts swynler durden..... and like it or not that is fact of life on how things are done....bottom line
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

excoach

Last I heard he was straddling the fence!

Vito Porkleone

Quote from: Swynler Durden on December 19, 2006, 07:52:06 pm
Quote from: nutted on December 19, 2006, 07:49:02 pm

With all due respect, yes he can. JFB has been around long enough and knows where the bodies are buried (he probably buried several of them himself). If he wants to out someones dirty little secrets, he can. Whether he owes that person or not, if he has that leverage it would be unwise to assume he would not use it.

I'm not quite sure this holds water.  If there is dirty laundry to be aired, it will surely tarnish Broyles' legacy as well.  After all, he has been the figurehead and face of the program for nearly 50 years.
Phil Mickelson is the new Nuke LaLouche - million dollar swing; ten cent head...

uagrad1998

DARKSIDER SINCE  2001 AND D#$N PROUD OF IT

[Spicoli has had a pizza delivered to class]
Mr. Hand: Am I hallucinating here? Just what in the hell do you think you're doing?
Jeff Spicoli: Learning about Cuba, and having some food.

Jeff Spicoli: No shirt, no shoes...
Jeff and Stoner Buds: No dice! Ohhhh.
Brad Hamilton: Right. Learn it. Know it. Live it.  Jeff Spicoli: He's the full hot orator.

Hong Kong Sooey

That is exactly what I have been hearing.  Big Jim and Gary George reportedly asked him to step down.  Franks responded as you have posted.

Hoggingit

It's time for change!!!

If change does not take place in the very near future this program is going to plummet to the ground. Something is surely wrong when your team has the best athletes Arkansas has had in years on the field and the head coach and the powers that be are on a power trip with this program. Players will leave and coaches will not stay with this kind of atmosphere. Our recruiting will suffer and fan support will diminish. Some say it will not happen. You just wait and see! This has gotten out of hand and needs to be addressed with urgency.

I watched the TCU coach tonight interviewed after the game and his quotes were very impressive. We need and deserve representation that makes our players, coaches and fan base proud to support. I am a huge hog fan and very much support our players. I can not and will not support this head coach and our present AD another day. The antics of coach Nutt are shameful and Frank is going to end up going down in the history of this university as deranged dictator who lost it in the end. We don't need this!!!

Hoggingit

I was told that Frank was confronted as early as this past Thursday and resisted!!! Something is going on.

ahogintexas

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on December 19, 2006, 11:16:22 pm
That is exactly what I have been hearing.  Big Jim and Gary George reportedly asked him to step down.  Franks responded as you have posted.

Surely JFB knows that when he starts to point fingers the ol' saying goes that 3 of the fingers are pointing right back to him. I say call his bluff....If there is any 'dirty laundry' to be aired it was all under his 'watch' per se, and it would do more damage to his legacy then anyone else, and I do not think JFB wants to be remembered that way.

Call his bluff, give him a PR job for a year to get his 50 years in, and move on to a new era ...IMHO

An old hog fanatic

If Frank ever becomes convinced his power base is gone (the big money givers) I think he will leave.  But as long as he thinks he still has those people either on his side or unwilling to publically say it is time for him to go, Frank will stay until he is physically unable to do the job.  The interesting thing is, based on "rumors", perhaps he is beginning to be told by these power brokers that he can leave quietly or it will be done publically.  The next month could be very interesting.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

waphill

Quote from: jabohog on December 19, 2006, 08:35:41 pm
We won ten games, we have a West championship, although LSU fans say it is pointless. This is the best that has been done since we have been in the SEC.

There is no such thing as a West championship. That is just celebrating for being second best in the conference, and second place is the first loser.

kramegdoh

Quote from: Oliverhogman on December 19, 2006, 08:19:16 pm
Let Frank use what he wants to use.
Most fans have come to the conclusion that he has Alzheimer's anyway.  So who would REALLY listen to the old goat?

I have seen several people with Alzheimer's and Frank doesn't have it.  If you meant this as a joke it's not too damn funny.  My mother has it now and it is not pretty.  Frank's wife had it and he is doing what he can to educate people on the treatments and how to cope with it.  Maybe you should find something else to joke about.

RealHogFan

Hawgon

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 19, 2006, 10:34:59 pm
The sad part is that the initial question is a legitimate one to ask.

Think about it. No one is asking much about what JFB's, John White's, or Alan Sugg's position is. It's all about what Jim Lindsey's position is. Whocares what the AD, the University Chancellor, or the University President think. What does the real estate tycoon have to say?

About three years ago everyone was ridiculing Bobby Lowder from Auburn.

I don't see that much difference between Lowder and Lindsey. We may live to regret that.

I agree.  I thought that the NCAA came down hard on over involved boosters.  It seems to me that we are asking for trouble by having a booster be the face of the program.  The NCAA could use us to make a statement about out of control boosters at some point if we don't get control of this mess on the Hill.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Swino

Quote from: excoach on December 19, 2006, 10:46:45 pm
Last I heard he was straddling the fence!

Playing both sides is the appropriate term.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: jabohog on December 19, 2006, 08:35:41 pm
JFB has pictures of JL with some of Tyson's chickens! ;D ;D j/k  Look, what do you guys want. We won ten games, we have a West championship, although LSU fans say it is pointless. This is the best that has been done since we have been in the SEC. You can't expect a high roller to feel like it has all going bad these last two games. These guys seem to lay back and wait for a mistake that will be the end all. HDN is a master at not getting caught at this or at being able to blame someone else.  Be patient, all is not forgiven.
Actually, '98 was just as good regular season (9-2). We lost to the eventual National Champions (Tennie) by a "ground can't cause a fumble." Then we played in this exact same bowl against the defending Nat'l Champs (Michigan). Those were Danny Ford's players, and that was the last time we had a balanced offensive attack. It took Nutt 8 years to have another season close to that. He should have been gone before this year, so he shouldn't be the one getting the extension this year.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Nashville Fan

Let me see if I have this correct. Tyson influences the track and field and Lindsey has pull with the football program. Looks to me like Tyson is doing a much much much better job.
Pittman or Bust!

Mr A Ziffell

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on December 20, 2006, 09:10:19 am
   "ground can't cause a fumble." 

Since he was not down & lost the ball before his knees, elbows, or anything else touched, this rule does not apply.

HoggieStyle

Quote from: Hoggingit on December 19, 2006, 11:24:08 pm
I was told that Frank was confronted as early as this past Thursday and resisted!!! Something is going on.

"Confronted"? I assume you mean asked to step down? Please clarify. Thx.

SigPig

Quote from: nutted on December 19, 2006, 07:09:40 pm
He pulled HDN off the plane and then made sure HDN got his 2 year pass.  Then after the bad 2 years Jim was the one that pushed Gus into the OC and probably the one that made the promises to Gus that he could promise the Springdale players Gus would have control.  Jim is the one that thinks Gus is an offensive genius and followed the Springdale games from the sidelines.  I really felt based on the reports by some of the insiders that the only reason Gus was the OC was because of Jim. Jim is also the one that saved JFB job when White went after JFB.

So Jim has saved JFB job, HDN job and insured Gus as the OC and now 2 of the guys he backed have basically stuck their thumb in JL eye and said frick off.

How does he feel about what's gone down?  He's the one that leads the BOT so I don't think he's a dude you'd want to make mad.

Has he lost his power or does he agree?  I don't get it?
The once air tight relationship that JL and JFB enjoyed is now starting to fizzle.  JL didn't like it too much when JFB aired his true feelings about GM.  This may not be over, but it will be a TOTAL shock if JFB steps down b/c JL asked him too.  There is too much loyalty and history b/w the 2. 

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: bhuie on December 19, 2006, 10:39:21 pm
Quote from: Razerburn on December 19, 2006, 10:10:58 pm
Something big like what?

Obviously NOT big enough...
Maybe like a hate email sent to a player from someone connected to the Nutt family?
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Nashville Fan

sush! There's an investigation going on. :) ;)
Pittman or Bust!

SoTexHog

and I thought Gamecock and bama fans were delusional.

OnYourToes

IMHO,

JL is the biggest influence on the Hill except for one thing, JL can make "suggestions" but it is up to JFB to make it happen.  JFB signs the deals and has the ultimate say.  Up until this year JFB held JL's "suggestions" with much high regard, see the hiring of GM.  As of the South Carloina game JFB's opinion turned more significantly to HDN and away from JL.  JFB realized that HDN was doing some things well enough to give the University more national attention then JFB has seen in a long time, all of this while seemingly going against the advice or play calling of GM, who was brought in by JL.

JFB saw that HDN was getting the job done on his own and ignored the pleas of JL for more of GM in the offense.  

JL was in a predicament b/c he was the man that wanted and kept HDN as the HC and therefore put his full support in HDN.  Then JL started to change his tune and "suggested" to bring in GM for, yes, a marketing ploy that would, boost ticket sales, game revenue, and alumni support.  When GM started venturing into the land of the unknown (passing) with the Razorback offence, HDN was suspicious as the pass was forward and not a pitch laterally or backwards.  JL, knowing full well the repercussions of the forward pass in the eyes of HDN placed his faith in GM because, ultimately, even before JL was a sales man, he was a football player.  JL knows football and knows what works and what it takes to play at a high level, thus the addition of GM.  

JFB st back and saw all of this take place but then realized that in the backfield sits Arkansas best chance at the school's first Heisman ever.  Knowing the publicity that would come with this, the reigns we're firmly placed in the hands of one HDN.

JL got his feelings hurt as did GM and now it appears that in one corner you have JL and GM and in the other it's JFB and HDN.

The good news is that JL is still an influence to JFB only know JL is a GM man.  Look for GM to get a raise in the next 2 weeks to lock up GM at Arkansas for a while.

Oh and the extention that HDN received doesn't mean squat.  It just means that HDN is here next year for another run at a NC and a possible Heisman winner.  I say give him 2 more years and he'll take an offer somewhere else.  Then GM will be the HC.
JFB will retire soon enough thereafter and order will be restored.

That or everyone leaves, JFB goes onto his seat next to PE in that big Hog Heaven in the sky and HDN is the AD.  I like to call this scenario ARMAGGEDON!

That's just my opinion, I did not claim to have inside sources, this is just how I see it.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

OKCHogFan

There is no denying what Frank has done for the university and the thus the state.  He has built an athletic dept that is very solid.  There are a lot of quality people working within the dept.  The weakest spot is the football program.  Unfortunately that is the primary money maker.  If he quits or is forced to resign without having something substantial to work on, he will die.  I want us to win.  Every program has influential boosters.  "Die to yourself for the betterment of the team/program."

Hogvious

OYT, you place an interesting theory out there.  It's all plausible, and I have heard from more than one person that there is/was a Gus vs. Dork situation on the hill.  Speculation of course.  However, what I have also heard is that JL doesn't have nearly the influence a lot on this board give him credit for.
  Nolan was right.

hawgwilde

What I have recently heard is that JL is starting to distance himself from JFB and has been conversing with other BOT members about the situation.  Several BOT members (if not all, I can't verify that though) have received calls, emails, letters about the "wonderful" 10-3 season and the meltdown at the end.  There is change in the wind, but no one can say for sure what exactly it will be and when it will occur.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

Dances With Hogs

Maybe 2015
Quote from: hawgwilde on December 20, 2006, 01:24:57 pm
What I have recently heard is that JL is starting to distance himself from JFB and has been conversing with other BOT members about the situation.  Several BOT members (if not all, I can't verify that though) have received calls, emails, letters about the "wonderful" 10-3 season and the meltdown at the end.  There is change in the wind, but no one can say for sure what exactly it will be and when it will occur.

hawgwilde

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

kgr

Wonder what dirty linens to which he is referring and whose?

Hogvious

Quote from: kgr on December 20, 2006, 02:16:32 pm

Wonder what dirty linens to which he is referring and whose?

I'm not sure, but my guess would be that they belong to people who are either taking a dirt nap or were under his watch, seeing as how he's been here 48 years.
  Nolan was right.

Juboar

Frank first,
Jim second,
Houston third,
U of A athletics fourth,

Gus is a small ring on his  pinkey finger which he put on at the right time to save the above.

With what has transpired in the last three or four years how could it be any different. 
He WILL NOT betray the man you helped kick start  the Apartment  empire.
Mark it down. 

hogblade

maybe Jim Lindsey just needs to take over the official title of Athletic Director since we know he has so much power as it is.